2009-2013 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Stick or Auto in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2013; Some more thoughts on this...
- F1/SMG type transmission has performance advantage on the track. Though that doesn't mean it's ...
...Stop watching JohnH's lap with the auto and saying "If he could do it with the auto, it MUST BE GOOD!" That's not actually true. Watch his post-run interview. He used the auto during his run because he was USING the auto all week at the Ring. He was comfortable with the auto by that point. He wasn't about to trade up to the manual and lose any advantage he might have due to comfort with the vehicle. And he admits to this openly in said interview...
He also said they shot video of his colleague trying to maintain pace behind him--he's reportedly no slouch but they said he was much busier. Wonder why that video has never been released? Or has it? Just wondering.
I liked driving the Auto.. But a sportscar in my mind has to be a manual.. The burn outs in a manual are unreal..
The auto seemed to "sportscar" the ring just fine and set a record in the process. If I want a real Sportscar with power I would buy a Z06 instead, but the CTS-V is luxury performance model, not sportscar. Then again you don't or haven't owned a have you Mr. Pratt ?
I would go with auto
I dont track the car and auto is plenty fast
It would be hard to live with a manual every day, 80% cars I have owned so far were manual and it gets old but I still love to some degree
If I was buying a Z06 there is a reason for 6 speed but for a fast luxury sedan auto is the way to go. Look at M5 , E55
It would have been great if they made the trans like the IS F I recently test drove. Paddle shifts 0.1 seconds
After several days of psychological counseling, including but not limited to electro convulsive therapy and an intervention by a renowned cult deprogrammer, I have decided on a manual transmission and the big sun roof.
1. In his Garage 419 interview Heinricey said he preferred the stick.
2. i like a sunroof.
3. The weight I save on the stick will compensate for the extra weight of the sunroof.
4. It is a street car and I want to drive around town with the roof open.
5. The sun roof actually hurts the depreciation when leasing. My GF said so and she sold investments for Hancock for years and is smart on this stuff and hot and her hotness makes her smarter because she explains this sort of thing to me when we are shopping for lingere or doing other things of sexual nature to offer me positive reinforcement when I agree with her.
6. I am smart enough to realize that there are other limits to my abilites that will prevent me from lapping the Nurburgring in less than eight minutes. (I figured this out on my own, though I did run my reasoning by the GF and did get rewarded for my perspecacity)