Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Thread: High Capacity Oil Filter Options

explorer7700 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Black Cadillac CTS-V

High Capacity Oil Filter Options

Could anyone give me some options for a higher capacity oil filter for the V?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: High Capacity Oil Filter Options

AC Delco PF48 is taller IIRC

spearfish25 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Glacier Blue, Red Brembos, SB wheels

All I'll say is this:

There are things that are helpful to change on the car and there are things that are insignificant. An oil filter that is 1-2ozs larger is insignificant. Don't ponder these things too much and just focus on the more meaningful stuff.

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Yeah. Kinda curious as to what the application would be. OP, what are you up to?

Z71 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by explorer7700 View Post
    Could anyone give me some options for a higher capacity oil filter for the V?
    What do you mean by "higher capacity oil filter"? More oil capacity or hold more contaminates?

I agree a few oz's more oil just for the sake of having a few more oz's of oil will do nothing for your engine. If on the other hand you want a better oil filter, that filters better and has greater dirt holding capacity then here is one that does; Premium-Grade Full-Synthetic Media Oil Filter

Do not rely on physical dimensions alone. Just because a filter may appear larger it no indication it is a better filter.

spearfish25 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Glacier Blue, Red Brembos, SB wheels

Quote Originally Posted by Z71 View Post
    What do you mean by "higher capacity oil filter"? More oil capacity or hold more contaminates?

I agree a few oz's more oil just for the sake of having a few more oz's of oil will do nothing for your engine. If on the other hand you want a better oil filter, that filters better and has greater dirt holding capacity then here is one that does; Premium-Grade Full-Synthetic Media Oil Filter

Do not rely on physical dimensions alone. Just because a filter may appear larger it no indication it is a better filter.
    If you use the Amsoil guide, THIS is the correct filter. It's what I've been using and does the trick.

explorer7700 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Black Cadillac CTS-V
    Thanks. I should have said high quality filter. Do you change the AM Soil only every 15k? Also do you use AmSoil oil?

I'mAllIn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon

I wondered the same thing for a different purpose. With headers, there's very little filter left to grip to install or remove. Changed oil this weekend for first time with headers and it was a major PITA. A little taller filter would make all the difference. Any ideas?