Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thoughts on CTS V3

Re: Thoughts on CTS V3

600hp or bust.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    It will have a few more hp and a lot less weight. 250 lbs, at least...

What are the odds of no manual transmission (with a clutch pedal)?

Xaqtly is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 WD Vagon 6MT "Unobtainicorn"

I'd say the odds of the manual being an option are pretty good, given the new parts bin 7-speed Tremec manual they have now in the C7 Vette. It gives them the option to play the MPG card with that tall 7th gear.

I think if they want to follow the current model where the V1 was, "holy crap, a fast Caddy", V2 was, "556hp, Nurburgring record, OMG!!!", to keep in line with their shock and awe that is the CTS-V they need to keep pushing the envelope, i.e., 700hp, lighter than the base CTS, and sub 3 sec 0-60 via an AWD tranny, all while keeping MSRP below $80k. Won't happen but it should! And they should do another wagon, they only had to sell like 7 to turn a profit on the V2 wagon experiment which I think they did.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

galaxyfe, what you ask for is quite simply impossible.

You're going to be disappointed by nearly 100hp, 2 driven wheels, and at least 300 pounds.

Also, the reason they didn't have to sell many V wagons to break even was because they were already building the regular wagon. Did the regular wagon break even? I'm not so sure.

musclecar6 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 V sedan crystal red/ light titanium A6, 2010 GS LPE 650

It's hard to tell at this point what will power the V3. As others have said, could be a supercharged LT1( LT4 ?), a twin turbo V8, etc. Seems likely they'll have an 8 speed auto that will also be used in the corvette. As to having a wagon, I guess it depends on the business case that can be made. Chrysler stopped making their similar wagons over time. Although the CTS-V wagon is certainly very practical & some love the looks, many can't get over the " station wagon " look & to put it bluntly think it looks goofy & not cool, whereas the sedan has the " look". The coupe is more of a love it or hate it look, with more loving the look than hating it. Imho, I love the looks of the sedan( which I have), love the practicality of the wagon, & the although I like the looks of the coupe, it's daily driver practicality limitations weigh against it. I think GM is weighing those factors & others, as they plan their V3 offerings.

Without Maximum Bob as a champion, I don't have much hope for a V3 wagon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12