Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nav System Data Update

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Re: Nav System Data Update

Quote Originally Posted by RemoWilliams View Post
    OldRoadDawg - No wonder the nav is not working well for you. Looks like your out on the lake sailing from your pic. Nav for roads no wata.
    LOL I was thinking the same thing!

I have never had a car-based nav system where the manufacturer notified users of a navi upgrade. I've always had to seek the upgrade myself, and then (grumble) pay for it.

If you go to the nav disc site.... http://www.gmnavdisc.com/

...and select 2009 CTS, there are 2010 nav disc and separate Gracenotes updates. Nav update is listed as $199, which is standard pricing. Haven't heard about any discounts to this. Considering an upgrade because I use the V enough for travel (in Toronto as I type this) that it could be worth it. It is also listed as on backorder and is not yet available. I placed myself on an email list for availability notification. I will update this thread when I receive notice of availability.

HTH,
    Bob

OldRoadDawg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Re: Nav System Data Update

Quote Originally Posted by RemoWilliams View Post
    OldRoadDawg - No wonder the nav is not working well for you. Looks like your out on the lake sailing from your pic. Nav for roads no wata.
    LOL .... Honest, I was on a 4 lane interstate.
    My V is tight... but not water-tight

Didn't want to spend $200 for an update only to find out that is was already "out-of-date".

But then the current Nav shows my home (built in 1971) as being about 3/4 mile further down the street than where it is in the real world.
    So I'm not sold on the accuracy of Nav systems.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123