Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 95

Thread: As Fast As An 07 Corvette

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    333

    As Fast As An 07 Corvette

    So basically the 09 V will be as fast as an 07 Corvette. They should have made the V under 4000 lbs..


  2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    The Tony Show's Avatar
    The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The Internet
    Posts
    26,239

    Re: As Fast As An 07 Corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by Kidhummer View Post
    So basically the 09 V will be as fast as an 07 Corvette. They should have made the V under 4000 lbs..
    ....and your point is? A $90,000 M5 isn't even as fast as a 2007 'Vette, so what were you expecting?

    This class is all about Performance luxury, and to achieve that you inevitably add weight to a car. If there were a way to make a car ride like a DTS, have the features of an S-Class and weigh the same as an Elise, don't you think they'd build it?

    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    333

    Re: As Fast As An 07 Corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by The Tony Show View Post
    ....and your point is? A $90,000 M5 isn't even as fast as a 2007 'Vette, so what were you expecting?

    This class is all about Performance luxury, and to achieve that you inevitably add weight to a car. If there were a way to make a car ride like a DTS, have the features of an S-Class and weigh the same as an Elise, don't you think they'd build it?

    I wasn't making a point, I was just stating fact. Just wish the car was lighter.

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,630

    Re: As Fast As An 07 Corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by Kidhummer View Post
    I wasn't making a point, I was just stating fact. Just wish the car was lighter.
    Did you drive the 09 V...Funny, I still haven't seen one at dealerships yet for some strange reason...

  6. #5
    CVP33's Avatar
    CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Killer of diffs 7X
    Age
    51
    Posts
    6,441

    Re: As Fast As An 07 Corvette

    What times are you using for a 2007 Corvette? I see 12.7 1/4 mile and 4.3 0-60. The new CTS-V should eclipse those times.

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    333

    Re: As Fast As An 07 Corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by CVP33 View Post
    What times are you using for a 2007 Corvette? I see 12.7 1/4 mile and 4.3 0-60. The new CTS-V should eclipse those times.
    I read that a vette with a Z51 suspension package could do 0-60 in 4.1. So I was going by that time;

    and [concorso] im not sure what you meant by your comment. When did I say I test drove an '09 V???? I said i wish the car was lighter (that was the fact I was stating)

  8. #7
    Jpjr is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    746

    Re: As Fast As An 07 Corvette

    power/weight will be better, doesn't really matter how much it weighs.

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Roy, UT
    Posts
    895

    Re: As Fast As An 07 Corvette

    Besides the 07 isn't the base Vette anyways. The 08 puts out up to 436hp. It still provides the best bang for the buck.

    Cadillacs are heavy because of all their luxury features, besides it is a sedan which also adds weight. The Vette can get away with 100+ less HP and maintain the pace of the V if not beat it due to the 1000 lbs it saves. Still with 550hp you are only looking at under 8lbs per hp for the V. The 07 Vette is right around 8 while the 08 is slightly below. Regardless I would take either car in a heartbeat.

    1st Gen V is around 10lbs per HP by the way. Although Cadillac said it had a 4.6 0-60 time at first which I remember most of us couldn't do unless you destroy the clutch. Lets say 4.8-5.0 for first gen. 2+ less lbs per hp should push it into the low 4s which is right around the stock C6. At least when you add an extra body or two in the V you won't feel it as much because you have more HP to carry the weight. Unlike some other fast cars like the Lotus that has to make do with 220-240hp.

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Age
    38
    Posts
    187

    Re: As Fast As An 07 Corvette

    I could care less about 0-60. Real men race beyond that speed. On a 60+ roll, the V should yank on a LS3 Vette.

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Newtown, PA
    Age
    58
    Posts
    6,472

    Re: As Fast As An 07 Corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by Jpjr View Post
    power/weight will be better, doesn't really matter how much it weighs.
    Yeah, until you try to get it to turn. Power to weight ratio goes out the window once you start talking about handling.

  12. #11
    The Tony Show's Avatar
    The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The Internet
    Posts
    26,239

    Re: As Fast As An 07 Corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by Katshot View Post
    Yeah, until you try to get it to turn. Power to weight ratio goes out the window once you start talking about handling.
    .....yet the topic of the thread was 0-60 and 1/4 mile. I don't think anyone's debating that a CTS can outhandle a Corvette, so why do you feel the need to piss on the car in yet another thread?
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

  13. #12
    TheRooster is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    164

    Re: As Fast As An 07 Corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by Katshot View Post
    Yeah, until you try to get it to turn. Power to weight ratio goes out the window once you start talking about handling.
    You didn't just say that.

  14. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    381

    Re: As Fast As An 07 Corvette

    Lets wait till the beast is out and then start whining about the weight. Numbers on paper doesnt tell anything.

    Oh BTW stop talking about the 1st gen V, a CTS with a Vette engine doesnt compare to a completly redesigned car inside and out. Im very sure that the new V can gain HUGE numbers because of its factory supercharger

  15. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Newtown, PA
    Age
    58
    Posts
    6,472

    Re: As Fast As An 07 Corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by The Tony Show View Post
    .....yet the topic of the thread was 0-60 and 1/4 mile. I don't think anyone's debating that a CTS can outhandle a Corvette, so why do you feel the need to piss on the car in yet another thread?
    Why must you be a such a jerk? I wasn't bashing the car, I was pointing to the comment being made concerning power to weight ratio. Too often, I read people throwing that around like it's the "end-all". Fact is, a good power to weight ratio isn't even a guarantee of a good 1/4 car.

  16. #15
    The Tony Show's Avatar
    The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The Internet
    Posts
    26,239

    Re: As Fast As An 07 Corvette

    I'm not being a jerk, I'm asking why nearly every comment you have about the 2009 CTS-V is negative. Someone remarked about the power to weight ratio being favorable, and you reply with "Yeah- until you try and turn"

    You haven't driven it yet, nor has anyone tested it, yet all you can do is whine that there's too much power to handle, no awd, CTS-V owners aren't purists, it's too heavy, blah blah blah blah..... Why do you even come in this forum if all you've got for the car is criticism?
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum