Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Changed out the DRL's. Before and After Pictures

20K views 43 replies 16 participants last post by  mpouls1 
#1 ·
I ordered some new DRL's and had my dealer change them out awhile back. The right headlamp housing started to collect condensation so the dealer ordered new one. The ding dong forgot to re-install my new DRL :bigroll:. Now I've got some side by side comparison. Going back tomorrow to get the other reinstalled and have my summer tires put on.

This is what I ordered:

5202 H16 CREE LED Plasma Projector Fog Lamp Daytime Running Light DRL WHITE 11W

I found them on ebay.

See less See more
#23 ·
So, this weekend I installed the LED lights from that ebay link and I would seriously recommend going with a different brand.

I spent half an hour trimming excess plastic off the bulb so the connector could plug in. When I finally got it installed, the lights are barely bright enough to be seen. They are visible only at certain angles but 90% of the time, it looks like the lights are off.

I love the look of mpouls1's DRL but mine don't look anything like that, I dont know if I got into a bad batch of them or something.

I found some 360 degree LED's that I'm gonna try next so we'll see what happens.

BUT, the Hoen Xenonmatch's look great!!!

#25 ·
After a bunch of emailing, found out that I screwed up! The bulbs I ordered were 7W, but the seller (cortse) is replacing them for free. Turns out they have several different wattage bulbs so she is fixing my screw up for free with some 16W bulbs instead! OEM is 19W so I'm thinking the 16W should be good. Still a little nervous about how the connector is gonna plug into the bulb but I cant complain after they took care of this for me. But definitely will post some pics when I get them in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.