Headlight & fog lights mod
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Mods Discussion, Headlight & fog lights mod in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I can't believe the difference,the output of these lights are amazing!!! Check out the before and after pics The headlights ...
    kingjames860 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cts coupe

Headlight & fog lights mod

I can't believe the difference,the output of these lights are amazing!!! Check out the before and after pics

The headlights have clear lens and CBI 5500 bulbs.
    The fog lights are fxr 3.0 projectors with cheap 6000 k bulbs. I will be upgrading to cbi's d2s bulbs soon.

More to come!!!img20140625_195923.jpg

img20140625_200231.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cts10awd is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 cts4
    Dang that's a huge difference! They look good.

illbethere1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 3.6 cts, 2011 AWD coupe cts

Re: Headlight & fog lights mod

Yea, I did my CBI's a month ago in my coupe and was blown away too ! You soon begin to realize the difference and understand of why more % of people buy imports even with their cheesy appearances.... Before these were on, I would absolutely cringe when my beam pattern got always swallowed up by the other stock competitors. Now I can hold my head up high and scoff no thanks to Cadillac ! Their stock light outputs detrimental to your eyesight. Probably permanently mess up your 20/20 vision like reading a book in low light ....

Panzer Leader is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS 3.6 V6 RWD Performance Sedan

This was done by just changing out the bulbs on the low beam and fogs? If so, please post where you got them from and costs.... That is damn impressive... Have you had anyone flash you as to the bulbs being too bright and blinding them?

kingjames860 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cts coupe

[QUOTE=Panzer Leader;12767642]This was done by just changing out the bulbs on the low beam and fogs? If so, please post where you got them from and costs.... That is damn impressive... Have you had anyone flash you as to the bulbs being too bright and blinding them?[/Q
    The factory projector headlights come with a frost covered lens.
    This limits the output and performance of the hid lights. The first
    thing I did was replace that lens with a clear one.
    Then I changed the factory bulbs out and installed CBI bulbs
    from TRS.
    Then I replaced the factory" worthless " fog light Assembly's
    with fxr 3.0 projector's. It was a lot of work, but as you can see it
    paid off big time!
    One of the benefits of having a high quality projector is the cutoff, it keeps the light projected and focused where you need it. The pictures are with high beams on just to show overall output. With
    low beams the light stays low and does not blind oncoming traffic.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.