Handling optons for 2013 CTS - Page 2
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 32
Like Tree2Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Mods Discussion, Handling optons for 2013 CTS in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I thought the ATS was a nice handler....
  1. #16
    tinman's Avatar
    tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    4,651

    Re: Handling optons for 2013 CTS

    I thought the ATS was a nice handler.

  2. #17
    Leonard is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS Wagon
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    33

    Re: Handling optons for 2013 CTS

    Quote Originally Posted by wcthunder View Post
    Don't get caught up comparing apples to oranges. The ATS I drove as a loaner felt compact and I could easily feel the shorter wheel base, hence "sportier" feel. You're draggin a lot of wagon my friend.
    I think a lot of the better handling of the ATS on the one I drove is due to the run-flat tires which have a really low profile (30-35 I think) and accounts for the kart-like steering. By contrast, my CTS steering feels a bit numb, in addition to too much body lean. I'm going to explore ultra-low profile tire replacements (if there are any for my 19" wheels). I would like to get stiffer springs/shocks but without body lowering. There doesn't seem to be any available.

  3. #18
    tinman's Avatar
    tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    4,651

    Re: Handling optons for 2013 CTS

    Coilovers.

  4. #19
    wcthunder's Avatar
    wcthunder is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Coupe 3.6 RWD Perfomance Pkg, TriCoat White Diamond
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Philly Suburbs
    Posts
    426

    Re: Handling optons for 2013 CTS

    Quote Originally Posted by Leonard View Post
    I think a lot of the better handling of the ATS on the one I drove is due to the run-flat tires which have a really low profile (30-35 I think) and accounts for the kart-like steering. By contrast, my CTS steering feels a bit numb, in addition to too much body lean. I'm going to explore ultra-low profile tire replacements (if there are any for my 19" wheels). I would like to get stiffer springs/shocks but without body lowering. There doesn't seem to be any available.
    Between the cost and time the for the changes to turn your CTS wagon into an ATS, you might as well trade in. Isn't that what you want? ATS.

  5. #20
    tinman's Avatar
    tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    4,651

    Re: Handling optons for 2013 CTS

    Or a V. Otherwise it just isn't going to happen on your Cadillac without a lot of time and money.
    wcthunder likes this.

  6. #21
    wcthunder's Avatar
    wcthunder is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Coupe 3.6 RWD Perfomance Pkg, TriCoat White Diamond
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Philly Suburbs
    Posts
    426

    Re: Handling optons for 2013 CTS

    Quote Originally Posted by tinman View Post
    Or a V. Otherwise it just isn't going to happen on your Cadillac without a lot of time and money.
    He wants a go-Kart tinman, not a Beast!!!

  7. #22
    tinman's Avatar
    tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    4,651

    Re: Handling optons for 2013 CTS

    After re-reading, you're right. My bad, no V for you!

  8. #23
    Leonard is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS Wagon
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    33

    Re: Handling optons for 2013 CTS

    Quote Originally Posted by wcthunder View Post
    Between the cost and time the for the changes to turn your CTS wagon into an ATS, you might as well trade in. Isn't that what you want? ATS.
    ATS would be nice if it had the room of a CTS wagon. I need the room, else why would I buy one.

  9. #24
    Panzer Leader's Avatar
    Panzer Leader is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS 3.6 V6 RWD Performance Sedan
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Mandeville, Louisiana
    Posts
    588

    Re: Handling optons for 2013 CTS

    OK ---UPDATE The 2013 CTS-V Sway Bars will fit the 3,6 and 3.0 CTS ..... The CTS -V Sways are 32mm Front and 22mm rear... Versus the current 29mm Front and 19mm rear that we have..... End links should work but new mounting brackets and bushings will be needed. I would go with the White Line and get the poly bushings..... I am also still looking at changing out the OEM tires... Still think they are a part of the problem....... The major issue is lowering springs versus coil overs.....

  10. #25
    wcthunder's Avatar
    wcthunder is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Coupe 3.6 RWD Perfomance Pkg, TriCoat White Diamond
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Philly Suburbs
    Posts
    426

    Re: Handling optons for 2013 CTS

    Quote Originally Posted by Leonard View Post
    ATS would be nice if it had the room of a CTS wagon. I need the room, else why would I buy one.
    My bad...didn't know you needed wagon space...

  11. #26
    jamiejam1's Avatar
    jamiejam1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS COUPE Performance W/Navi
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Miami 305
    Posts
    105

    Re: Handling optons for 2013 CTS

    In respect to the ATS I have my Cts Coupe ( Non- V) and My uncle has an ATS (13) He pulled up next to me leaving dinner the other night, and I think that the car (ATS) may sit a bit Lower as well ( by way of being taller) ground clearance is about the same! with that said, its no wonder that there is more body roll in the C… think Lower center of Gravity...

  12. #27
    wcthunder's Avatar
    wcthunder is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Coupe 3.6 RWD Perfomance Pkg, TriCoat White Diamond
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Philly Suburbs
    Posts
    426

    Re: Handling optons for 2013 CTS

    Quote Originally Posted by jamiejam1 View Post
    In respect to the ATS I have my Cts Coupe ( Non- V) and My uncle has an ATS (13) He pulled up next to me leaving dinner the other night, and I think that the car (ATS) may sit a bit Lower as well ( by way of being taller) ground clearance is about the same! with that said, its no wonder that there is more body roll in the C… think Lower center of Gravity...
    That's correct...Lower COG is a solution. When was the last time you seen an Indy car more than a few inches of the ground? This is a reason why I DON'T want to put larger rims on my car (lift my COG). Because that would mean I have to get a smaller ratio tire, which means harder ride.

  13. #28
    jamiejam1's Avatar
    jamiejam1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS COUPE Performance W/Navi
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Miami 305
    Posts
    105

    Re: Handling optons for 2013 CTS

    Quote Originally Posted by wcthunder View Post
    That's correct...Lower COG is a solution. When was the last time you seen an Indy car more than a few inches of the ground? This is a reason why I DON'T want to put larger rims on my car (lift my COG). Because that would mean I have to get a smaller ratio tire, which means harder ride.
    well Actually I slapped 20's on with 40 series tires, that raised the car up about 1/4 " from oem height, Then added the eibach spring kit which then brought me down to 1/2 in below OEM height. End result is I filled the wheel gap, Got 10.5" w rims with a wide flushed stance, amazing handling and the car loves the setup! I'm thinking that these rims and tires weigh less than the OEM's they seem to weigh a freaking ton! Just my .02
    wcthunder likes this.

  14. #29
    Leonard is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS Wagon
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    33

    Re: Handling optons for 2013 CTS

    Quote Originally Posted by wcthunder View Post
    That's correct...Lower COG is a solution. When was the last time you seen an Indy car more than a few inches of the ground? This is a reason why I DON'T want to put larger rims on my car (lift my COG). Because that would mean I have to get a smaller ratio tire, which means harder ride.
    Harder ride but better handling as less sidewall to flex (i think - correct if I'm wrong). I'm thinking of 20 wheels with 35 profiles which would be close to OEM. I drove an ATS with run-flat 35's and it was like driving a go kart but harsh as you say.

    ----------

    BC Racing has coilovers for 2013 CTS. Do these fit as standard shocks or are modifications required? Will have to contact Cadillac re warranty situation, also if changing wheels and tires.

  15. #30
    tinman's Avatar
    tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    4,651

    Re: Handling optons for 2013 CTS

    Quote Originally Posted by Leonard View Post
    Harder ride but better handling as less sidewall to flex (i think - correct if I'm wrong). I'm thinking of 20 wheels with 35 profiles which would be close to OEM. I drove an ATS with run-flat 35's and it was like driving a go kart but harsh as you say.

    ----------

    BC Racing has coilovers for 2013 CTS. Do these fit as standard shocks or are modifications required? Will have to contact Cadillac re warranty situation, also if changing wheels and tires.
    You are correct about less sidewall giving better handling as a general rule
    Something about bcs racing and their coilovers not being good. We had a discussion about this earlier.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting