Camaro Long Tube Headers - Anyone Tried installing Them?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By tinman
  • 1 Post By AAIIIC
  • 2 Post By Mrjb9475
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Mods Discussion, Camaro Long Tube Headers - Anyone Tried installing Them? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I'm looking for feedback from anyone who has *ACTUALLY* tried to install the camaro Long Tube headers on the Cadillac ...
    everestx is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS 3.6 LLT

Camaro Long Tube Headers - Anyone Tried installing Them?

I'm looking for feedback from anyone who has *ACTUALLY* tried to install the camaro Long Tube headers on the Cadillac CTS LLT (8th digit V - 2008) from any vendor? As it's been a few years, I figure someone might have given this a try.

I'm no stranger to having generic headers clearanced/modified for various cars, just looking for some additional info or insight.

Specific info such as "3rd primary on the passenger side will require some clearance" is what I'm after!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Acdcpsp is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4

Re: Camaro Long Tube Headers - Anyone Tried installing Them?

Well the LLT is the same in both CTS and Camaro. The only issue would be if the tube clears the car. If anything I'd try the shorty ones.

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

Engine's the same. Engine compartment is not. Caveat Emptor.
    99flhr likes this.

AAIIIC is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Looks like there haven't been any takers, everestx, so you'll just have to try it and inform the rest of the community what you find!

Buy them from some place that you can return them, then give it a go. Not too long ago I removed some Kooks long tubes and installed JBA shorty headers for a Camaro SS on my V1. I did a careful test fit first to see if they could be made to work, and sure enough they could (passenger side fit with no problems, driver side took a bit of modification to clear the steering shaft). If they weren't close, I just would've boxed 'em up and shipped 'em back to Summit for a refund.
    everestx likes this.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

ARH Long tubes in hand with HFC's and ARP studs with 12-Point Nuts.

--No local shops will take on the job that I can find (DFW TX). Due to my current location, I can't install them myself and leave the car disassembled if I run into any issues that require the stainless to be modified so I'm currently 'stuck' for a few months until I move or find a shop with some balls.

It's been pretty frustrating with all the local 'speed shops' and none of them will touch things that don't simply bolt onto a v6.

From all the measurements I've taken,they should drop in. On the passenger side space will be tight and might require a 'dimple' but the Sigma II platform has plenty of clearance all around, esp considering the V platform headers are dimensionally similar from the primaries down to the collector.

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

Might want to consider 6 point nuts for the extra torque required to remove at a later date.

Mrjb9475 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    Its amazing how businesses call them selves "speed shops" and won't even take on installing headers I live in Michigan the motor city glad to have lots of old school shops still around willing to modify anything even a motorized bar stool.
    tinman and Hugo Stiglitz like this.

HurstGN is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by Mrjb9475 View Post
    Its amazing how businesses call them selves "speed shops" and won't even take on installing headers I live in Michigan the motor city glad to have lots of old school shops still around willing to modify anything even a motorized bar stool.
    American Ingenuity...gotta love it

Stoked is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS 3.6

Quote Originally Posted by everestx View Post
    ARH Long tubes in hand with HFC's and ARP studs with 12-Point Nuts.

--No local shops will take on the job that I can find (DFW TX). Due to my current location, I can't install them myself and leave the car disassembled if I run into any issues that require the stainless to be modified so I'm currently 'stuck' for a few months until I move or find a shop with some balls.

It's been pretty frustrating with all the local 'speed shops' and none of them will touch things that don't simply bolt onto a v6.

From all the measurements I've taken,they should drop in. On the passenger side space will be tight and might require a 'dimple' but the Sigma II platform has plenty of clearance all around, esp considering the V platform headers are dimensionally similar from the primaries down to the collector.
    Any updates on this? I'm in the DFW area as well and would like to find a shop that can do this.

No luck so far :/ Will update (likely a while) if/when I can locate a shop to do this.

Off Topic: Anyone confirmed if our rear end (specific to 3.6) will accept the LPE 3.91 gears.

I've seen conflicting info that the 3.6 specific carrier with 3.42's is identical to the LLT M6 rear carrier in the Camaro. A couple people have confirmed the 3.91 will drop into the M6 carrier. I simply can't find a concise confirmation that the CTS uses this exact carrier. Leave it to GM to name them all the same!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.