2008 cts exhaust - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree5Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Mods Discussion, 2008 cts exhaust in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Im thinking about putting some cut outs and connecting it to my sport mod so when I switch to sport ...
    CTSRags is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS 4 3.6L AWD

Re: 2008 cts exhaust

Im thinking about putting some cut outs and connecting it to my sport mod so when I switch to sport mod the cut outs open giving me straight exhaust no muffler. Seen it on a few U tub videos the sound is great not a 67 big block sound but a close to Ferrari sound. The difference is I want to connect it to the sport mod not a separate switch. Also I wanted to vent those straight through pipes to a V exhaust tail at the bumper and run straight pipe to it rather then just leaving the cut outs underneath. The rear will have usual round cut outs for exhaust then center cut in V tails. thinking very loud very cool more power. Shut it off when pulled over will take a cop awhile to figure out switch is in the tranny connected to sport mod.
    Rags

exhaust_freak is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS 3.6l DI
    That seems unbelievably hard. Because as far as i know, switching to sport mode is just a computer program. Not a physical thing. But that's just a guess. But if you find a way to pull this off, props to you sir. Post about it afterwards.

ztollon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Find out what power wire turns on the sport button light and tie your cutouts into that?

jungy4 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe AWD Performance

Quote Originally Posted by EVH5150 View Post
    Correct!

A member here has the Borla Axle back on his coupe and its perfect, almost sounds like a high end exotic.
    Do you know who has it?

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

The Borla website doesn't show any Gen II cat backs for any model.

JR67 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS Coupe

http://www.lmperformance.com/517160?...FQGtaQodOR8Amg

Could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the cat backs for V work well with 3.6. I have 2013 3.6 RWD coupe and went axle back duel magnaflows for less than $500 installed, sounds great to me, but I think there is another thread about V exhaust systems on the 3.6 LFX

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

jungy4 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe AWD Performance

Ya it would be nice to see some custom work that members have done. $800 for an exhaust system with minimal power gain and louder volume seems outrageous to me.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.