Custom Exhaust?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Mods Discussion, Custom Exhaust? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Ok Ived done some research and then went to my local exhaust shop. Now I am looking for something with ...
    BlueWagon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS Wagon

Custom Exhaust?

Ok Ived done some research and then went to my local exhaust shop. Now I am looking for something with a very aggressive sound but with little in car drone. I was thinking of going with the rez delete then magna flow mufflers but the shop does not carry magna flow so I would have to order them. Now he wanted to leave the stock rez and try deleting the mufflers and see how that is, and if its to loud he wanted to put duel flow master 44s with a 12" body in. Has anyone ran any of these set ups? there are not to many vids on youtube. and my car is a 2013 cts wagon AWD

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Custom Exhaust?

Well after more research tonight I am going to go with SLP loudmouth II's keep the stock rez in for now. only issue is the SLPs are 16" long and 4" round. not much room in the back of these cars for round mufflers. Has anyone installed similar mufflers on these?

EVH5150 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe Premium: RWD, FE3 Suspension, 6-speed manual

I will warn you first! Do not remove the stock resonator, I did that last year and had it put back on the next day.

I was basically looking for a stock sound with a little more wrap but what I got was a horrible buzzing/rattling sound, think marble's in a coffee can. The worst part was on acceleration specifically the first three gears. I have a thread on this somewhere in the performance section if want to read it.

I hope I helped you before you make a terrible mistake.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueWagon View Post
    Ok Ived done some research and then went to my local exhaust shop. Now I am looking for something with a very aggressive sound but with little in car drone. I was thinking of going with the rez delete then magna flow mufflers but the shop does not carry magna flow so I would have to order them. Now he wanted to leave the stock rez and try deleting the mufflers and see how that is, and if its to loud he wanted to put duel flow master 44s with a 12" body in. Has anyone ran any of these set ups? there are not to many vids on youtube. and my car is a 2013 cts wagon AWD

----------

The best sound I have ever heard is XE Ryder's coupe. He has the Borla axle back kit and it is bloody perfect!
    Well after more research tonight I am going to go with SLP loudmouth II's keep the stock rez in for now. only issue is the SLPs are 16" long and 4" round. not much room in the back of these cars for round mufflers. Has anyone installed similar mufflers on these?

Thanks for the info!! yes I was going to leave the stock rez in for sure. Ive had Borla on other cars and think its to quiet. I have watched a lot of vids of 3.6Ls with all stock but axle back with SLPs and I think it will sound good. my only issue is I have a new born girl and I don't want to have a lot of interior drone. the car is under coated so that will help a bit.

You're welcome.

I'm pretty sure nearly every aftermarket exhaust will drone with our cars, however the Borla is the only one that doesn't seem to drone.
    Thanks for the info!! yes I was going to leave the stock rez in for sure. Ive had Borla on other cars and think its to quiet. I have watched a lot of vids of 3.6Ls with all stock but axle back with SLPs and I think it will sound good. my only issue is I have a new born girl and I don't want to have a lot of interior drone. the car is under coated so that will help a bit.

Thanks for the info. I'm leaving the cats and rez. Just doing an axle back. I'll try the slp loudmouth 2s but if it's to bad ill switch to magnaflow. Always had good experiences with magnaflows

Magnaflow is generally good, but many people still say they drone including a member on this board who removed his the next day.
    Thanks for the info. I'm leaving the cats and rez. Just doing an axle back. I'll try the slp loudmouth 2s but if it's to bad ill switch to magnaflow. Always had good experiences with magnaflows

Sailirish7 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium 3.6L V6

Quote Originally Posted by EVH5150 View Post

----------

[/COLOR]The best sound I have ever heard is XE Ryder's coupe. He has the Borla axle back kit and it is bloody perfect!
    You have a link to a vid of that? I was wondering what to do about my exhaust...not aggressive enough.

His link is in the performance section & I think it's one of the main threads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sailirish7 View Post
    You have a link to a vid of that? I was wondering what to do about my exhaust...not aggressive enough.

Sailirish7 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium 3.6L V6

Quote Originally Posted by EVH5150 View Post
    His link is in the performance section & I think it's one of the main threads.
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ml#post3198710

For anyone else who was interested...

I can't watch them videos. says they are privte

well I can't get the SLP mufflers in canada. can't even find a place that has heard of them. In my research I did come across Bassani exhaust and their mustang V6 axle back kit. Its on youtube and sounds very good. I placed an order for that kit and will cut and weld it to fit the caddy. Hope it sounds good on this as its not a cheap kit.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.