Where to get an LSD?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hotrodln
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Mods Discussion, Where to get an LSD? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Anybody got an idea how much the factory limited slip costs and a part number for it? Or is there ...
    2010 CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS 3.0

Where to get an LSD?

Anybody got an idea how much the factory limited slip costs and a part number for it? Or is there a good aftermarket option. I've got the open diff and I can't stand it. Turning off my road onto the main street in even wet conditions causes the great one wheel peel.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

leigh1322 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS 3.6 D.I. FE-3 6M Red
    I have the fe3 suspension. Came standard with LSD. V6. So it is available from Cadillac.

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    His questions were:

How much for the OEM LSD?
    Part number for the OEM LSD?
    Is there a good aftermarket option?

He knows there's a GM part available.

2010 CTS, I can't help you out too much, but get on to nalley GMCs site, or gmpartsgiant for part numbers and prices.

leigh1322 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS 3.6 D.I. FE-3 6M Red
    Look it up under the fe3 option. IIRC autos have 3.23, sticks have 3.42 and Vs have 3.73 gearsets.

hotrodln is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS, 2004 Escalade, 62 Fleetwood

Re: Where to get an LSD?

hit up a junk yard. they must be loaded with them. buy the whole rear diff. no messing around with anything inside!
    tinman likes this.

X E Ryder is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe, Premium, Touring

Post Anything is possible - if you are dedicated.

Quote Originally Posted by leigh1322 View Post
    Look it up under the fe3 option. IIRC autos have 3.23, sticks have 3.42 and Vs have 3.73 gearsets.
    In '12 the FE3 has a 3.73 LSD - You can feel it rolling out and if T/C turned off you can drift around the corner!

Quote Originally Posted by hotrodln View Post
    hit up a junk yard. they must be loaded with them. buy the whole rear diff. no messing around with anything inside!
    This would be my route as well - someone is bound to have crunched a '12 with low mileage - buy the whole rear cradle and get the better brakes and sway bar. Yes of course you will need to crawl around under your car and get acquainted - take lots of pictures. We did this for a Charger a couple years ago - put an SRT rear cradle under an RT. You can do it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.