2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Mods Discussion, 1st Gen CTS-V Brakes on a 2nd Gen CTS in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Has anyone done this swap? Is it an upgrade? Tough to do? The 1st Gen CTS-V brakes are far cheaper ...
- 11-25-13 11:44 PM #1Cadillac Owners Member
- Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Wagon 3.6 AWD Premium
- Join Date
- Nov 2013
- Baltimore, MD
1st Gen CTS-V Brakes on a 2nd Gen CTS
Has anyone done this swap? Is it an upgrade? Tough to do? The 1st Gen CTS-V brakes are far cheaper than the 6 Pot 2nd Gens.
- 12-25-13 06:20 PM #2Cadillac Owners Member
- Automobile(s): 08 CTS 3.6 D.I. FE-3 6M Red
- Join Date
- Mar 2011
New Camaro has same basic body and 2014 SS has 4 piston Brembos front & rear. Should be an easy swap. Since ZL1 is know to have CTSV front Brembos. 6 piston, 2 piece rotors and all. Some Camaro guys have done the V brake conversion themselves. We could learn from them and do the reverse for us V6 guys.BTW I have the fe3 brakes with 12.5 front rotors. I have no stopping problems but would still like Brembos just for looks.
+ Reply to Thread
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts
- PowerTorque Tools - SAE & Metric Socket Set
SAE & Metric Socket Set - 41 Piece; 1/4" & 3/8" Drive
- PowerTorque Tools - Long Arm Hex Key MM
Long Arm Hex Key MM - 9 Pcs Metric Long Arm Hex Key Set With Storage Container
- PowerTorque Tools - Long Reach Pliers
Long Reach Pliers - 11" Straight Long Reach Pliers