How do factory brake cooling ducts on 2008+ CTS non-v attach to foglamp bezel?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Mods Discussion, How do factory brake cooling ducts on 2008+ CTS non-v attach to foglamp bezel? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I am trying to install factory brake cooling ducts to my non-v CTS Sedan but there is a blocking plate ...
    07cts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 cts

How do factory brake cooling ducts on 2008+ CTS non-v attach to foglamp bezel?

I am trying to install factory brake cooling ducts to my non-v CTS Sedan but there is a blocking plate on my foglight bezel. How does the brake duct attach to the bezel. is there an intermediate attaching plate of some kind? Pics would be awesome. Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: How do factory brake cooling ducts on 2008+ CTS non-v attach to foglamp bezel?

C'mon guys, I know you have had this apart to change bezels and modify for air filter intake. Surely someone knows the p/n or has a pic or something?

conedoctor is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320

Re: How do factory brake cooling ducts on 2008+ CTS non-v attach to foglamp bezel?

Go to one of the gm parts sites and pull the drawing, that should give you all the info.

Have already done this! The older schematics show only the bezel and 2 ducts. The newer ones only show the bezel and no ducts. None show the adapter piece

Quote Originally Posted by conedoctor View Post
    Go to one of the gm parts sites and pull the drawing, that should give you all the info.

caymincozrio is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe AWD Performance Collection

I pullled off my plastic covers and let the air pass through without the additional tube. Looks more menacing with the opening instead of the stupid gray fake mesh cover.

CTS_ is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS

Quote Originally Posted by caymincozrio View Post
    I pullled off my plastic covers and let the air pass through without the additional tube. Looks more menacing with the opening instead of the stupid gray fake mesh cover.
    Any pictures?

jimbobucket is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS 3.6 AWD Premium

I don't know if you've figured it out yet or not, but here's the path I'm heading down.
    CTS Front Diagram - BE11005.gif
    You'll need a #21 in Left 20772527 & Right 20772528 & 2x #22 15272166
    I don't yet know if they pull from the center of the main grill opening or the faux inlet at my fog light.
    I have them running my vin to see how this is going to plumb in for me.

rtlawlor is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac CTS 3.6L Direct Injection

they pull the air from the side of the fog light bezel, My model came with them. But i notice on cheaper models the bezel has a plastic cover, or its a single piece with no scare opening for part #21 to attach. It attached with one of those black inserts through the top of fog light bezel through #21. and #21 has a notch to screw it in on the side facing the engine.

----------

then the air goes through #22 and attached to #4, that has a hole for it

Yep, all installed and look/work perfect. On the newer CTS there was a redesign to the bumper and the tabs that hold the brake duct were removed. Once I discovered this, I realized that I would need to fabricate my own brackets in place of the missing bumper tabs. It was pretty simple really. I attached some small right angle aluminum brackets where the bumper tabs should have been (you can tell the location looking at the inside bumper mold) and then attached the bumper duct to it making sure it lines up evenly around the chrome bezel opening. I used small plastic flathead pushpins through the bumper which get covered by the chrome bezel when it's re-installed so they are never visible, I secured them with nuts on the underside of the bracket to make sure they don't come loose. The rest just snaps together as it should, second duct to first duct and then to inner fender. You won't need the brake opening covers on the chrome bezel or the caps on the inner fender anymore. I picked up all the ducts for $8 on Ebay and they look brand new

microfuture is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS LY7

...I've wondered why GM decided to switch from vented to unvented? Think there was a TSB about
    wheel sensor corrosion, maybe that's it? At this point, GM only sells 'unvented' fascia (i.e. fake grill where
    the air intake was) replacement parts, but you can still buy vented fascia from aftermarket supplier.

Quote Originally Posted by microfuture View Post
    ...I've wondered why GM decided to switch from vented to unvented? Think there was a TSB about
    wheel sensor corrosion, maybe that's it? At this point, GM only sells 'unvented' fascia (i.e. fake grill where
    the air intake was) replacement parts, but you can still buy vented fascia from aftermarket supplier.
    I believe that may be the reason for the redesign, funny though, they didn't have to change the bumper mold, as the bezels already incorporate a block-off plate lol.
    You should be able to get the bezels with opening just like the chrome ones on my 2013. The crosshatch blocking plate removes easily leaving the opening for the brake duct...

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

Performance package on mine included the ducting.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.