2010 CTS 3.6 engine oil air vapor catch can install - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Mods Discussion, 2010 CTS 3.6 engine oil air vapor catch can install in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Also, Make sure you remove the orfice barb and do the drill mod. All 2013's have the larger holes now ...
    SC2150 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS

Re: 2010 CTS 3.6 engine oil air vapor catch can install

Also,

Make sure you remove the orfice barb and do the drill mod. All 2013's have the larger holes now from the factory.
    RX Performance Products/RevXtreme.com 941-721-1826

Wayne's World is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

Mistercoffee2: I would be interested in knowing how you removed the tube. I like to keep my car original so I made a half-hearted attempt at it but I was afraid of breaking something so I gave up. Did you use a heat gun or something & did you damage the tube?

Mistercoffee2 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne's World View Post
    Mistercoffee2: I would be interested in knowing how you removed the tube. I like to keep my car original so I made a half-hearted attempt at it but I was afraid of breaking something so I gave up. Did you use a heat gun or something & did you damage the tube?
    I removed the hose along with the PCV valve from the valve cover and the fitting from the intake, took it in the house, and yes, heat gunned it. The hose was very hard from years of heat and, as you can see in the photo, one end broke.

I put the new hose on the PVC Valve and the intake fitting which is a better looking install but functions no better then cutting the hose..

----------

[/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
    Also,

Make sure you remove the orfice barb and do the drill mod. All 2013's have the larger holes now from the factory.
    I Did not know that! I assume you refer to the orifice pictured here. Problem is the Service Manual does not say where it is located. Where is MOD documented?

SC2150 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS

It is in the rear of the passenger side valve cover where the line from the top of the intake manifold snapped on. Grab it with a plyers at the base, twist and pull up and it pops right out. Then drill to 7/64" both the single top and 2 bottom holes, clean debris and seat back in fully and your good to go.
    RX Performance Products/RevXtreme.com 941-721-1826

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.