Breather for Oil Fill Cap
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Mods Discussion, Breather for Oil Fill Cap in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Tracey, In this pic I see a breather in place of the oil fill cap. Have you finally got the ...
    HurstGN is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony

Question Breather for Oil Fill Cap

Tracey,
    In this pic I see a breather in place of the oil fill cap. Have you finally got the fitment correct that this now fits under the hood and doesn't hit the hood/hoodliner? I still have the one that came with my RX catchcan kit that hits the hood and prevents me from closing the hood with it on the oil fill tube.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Hammerhead100 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS Performance Sedan

Re: Breather for Oil Fill Cap

Was reading through this catch can thread the other day. Looks like you can send the tall one back for a short replacement.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ml#post3188884

SC2150 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS

Yes, send it back with a detailed note and we will modify so it fits correctly.

RX Performance Products/RevXtreme.com 941-721-1826

kj217 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by HurstGN View Post
    Tracey,
    In this pic I see a breather in place of the oil fill cap. Have you finally got the fitment correct that this now fits under the hood and doesn't hit the hood/hoodliner? I still have the one that came with my RX catchcan kit that hits the hood and prevents me from closing the hood with it on the oil fill tube.
    which cai is that?

In the picture on top? That's a CTS with our super charger system installed.

Quote Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
    In the picture on top? That's a CTS with our super charger system installed.
    any information about the intake pipe?
    it would fit my maggie,,

HurstGN is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony

Ok, I wasn't aware that was done. Mine is still in the box, was just waiting to have the new one available.
    Thanks

The intake part we designed and produced here....we also do one for the LY7 that is an enclosed CAI but not in production yet.

SC,,

am sold to your RX can but needed your advice for my particular setup,,
    i have a built 418 motor with tvs2300 blower pushing 15 psi,, my engine has no valley cover barb,, only a 3/8 barb on each valve cover,, no check valves,, only baffled,,

what do you recommend for this setup in regards to crank case vent?

Use the drivers side valve covers rear barb to evacuate from running to the center of the RX can (Dual valve is the best option) (this gives far better complete crankcase evac compared to the valley barb that only evacs 2/3rds of the engine leaving the drivers side valve train stagnant) and remove the valve cover and look into the barb. The fixed orfice hole needs to be drilled to 1/8-1/4" to allows for no restriction to deal with the added crankcase pressure from FI.

Then one of the main vacuum barbs on the TVS unit is used to pull for a vacuum source to one of the outlet valves on the RX can for evacuation during most operation. Secondary outlet valve on the RX can connects to the main intake air tube 2-4" upstream of the throttle body providing that extra evac when needed at WOT.

Have updated all the RX systems with high quality 1/4 turn ball valve drains, and inline flow controlling checkvalves that are silent in operation, and AN fittings standard on the dual valve now:

For the clean side (your filtered, metered fresh make up air) the 1LE style RX Billet cleanside separator maintains a closed system and prevents cleanside oil ingestion, yet keeps the entire system closed and the air 100% metered by the MAF. It has a cleanable coalescing element and replaces the oil fill cap similar to the standard breather kit. It will NOT fit under the hood on a V6, only the V8's:

As always, cans, etc. in most any color you want no extra charge.

www.RevXtreme.com or call 941-721-1826 to order.

Use the drivers side valve covers rear barb to evacuate from running to the center of the RX can (Dual valve is the best option) (this gives far better complete crankcase evac compared to the valley barb that only evacs 2/3rds of the engine leaving the drivers side valve train stagnant) and remove the valve cover and look into the barb. The fixed orfice hole needs to be drilled to 1/8-1/4" to allows for no restriction to deal with the added crankcase pressure from FI.

Then one of the main vacuum barbs on the TVS unit is used to pull for a vacuum source to one of the outlet valves on the RX can for evacuation during most operation. Secondary outlet valve on the RX can connects to the main intake air tube 2-4" upstream of the throttle body providing that extra evac when needed at WOT.

Have updated all the RX systems with high quality 1/4 turn ball valve drains, and inline flow controlling checkvalves that are silent in operation, and AN fittings standard on the dual valve now:

For the clean side (your filtered, metered fresh make up air) the 1LE style RX Billet cleanside separator maintains a closed system and prevents cleanside oil ingestion, yet keeps the entire system closed and the air 100% metered by the MAF. It has a cleanable coalescing element and replaces the oil fill cap similar to the standard breather kit. It will NOT fit under the hood on a V6, only the V8's:

As always, cans, etc. in most any color you want no extra charge.

www.RevXtreme.com or call 941-721-1826 to order.
    thanks a lot,,
    where does the cleanside tube connect to?
    any use of the passenger side cover barb?

To the main air intake tube that the pass side valve cover barb did run to. This prevents oil from entering through that tube upstream of the throttle body while still maintaining 100% metered air for tuning ease.

To the main air intake tube that the pass side valve cover barb did run to. This prevents oil from entering through that tube upstream of the throttle body while still maintaining 100% metered air for tuning ease.
    breather cap and secondary can outlet will connect to main intake tube?
    should i have the passenger side cover barb plugged out?

Yes. It will need to be capped. Sorry I missed that part.

Yes. It will need to be capped. Sorry I missed that part.

do you recommend breather and secondary can outlet to be T'ed into intake pipe?
    given that my motor is built and may have a bit more clearance which can cause more crankcase pressure,, do you still see a 3/8 breathing system enough?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.