Are "Mods" even worth it in real world appications???
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mistercoffee2
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Mods Discussion, Are "Mods" even worth it in real world appications??? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; To the point: Has anyone gotten into sub-13s or even break into the 13s with any of the few aftermarket ...
    Kraminator75 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS-4 AWD 3.6L DI

Are "Mods" even worth it in real world appications???

To the point: Has anyone gotten into sub-13s or even break into the 13s with any of the few aftermarket modifications made for our cars...The reason I'm asking, I own a CTS-4 with the DI and at 304Hp, its plenty fast enough and I'm sure as it sits stock, GM more than likely squeezed out as much safe HP they can get out of these V-6s...That’s pretty impressive to me...I realize these aren't tuner cars and if I want a all b@ll$ out high performance machine, that’s where a V would come into play...Just curious to know because I’ve read all about whose done what with their cars, but haven’t found anyone who actually tested to see if the money was worth it, hence, track times...Just looking for some input on this, before I decide to dump a bunch of change into enhancing the performance of my ride...Or just man up and save my pennies for the real deal and purchase a V...Opinions are welcomed

*Applications*, not appications...Silly spell checker

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MoFex is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 White Diamond CTS DI RWD FE2 all options

Re: Are "Mods" even worth it in real world appications???

Save your hard earned $$$ for the real deal - the "V"!

Mistercoffee2 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Kraminator75 View Post
    To the point:
    Depends on the MOD. Some are just fun to do, others would be better left undone.

Some think changing the scent at the car wash is a MOD.
    Mn800r likes this.

Some think changing the scent at the car wash is a MOD.
    AAH, cherry...Yes, definitely worth 10hp, lol...And as for the V, the phrase, "You have to pay to play..." is oh so true...Just can't justify dropping 40-45k on a used daily driver...At least for me, I put a lot of highway miles on my vehicles...I figure wait a few years and maybe, just maybe I can pickup a V for a reasonable price, with about the same amount of miles I purchased my AWD for...It's crazy what these cars are going for still...Found a 09 with 90k on the clock and the guy was asking 36k for it...But I'm not complaining about price...These Vs are the sh1t and the price justifies it...My little 3.6DI for now is plenty enough...But being so close to the 13 second mark, I just want to know if anyone has made it there with just "simple" bolt-ons, i.e CAI, tune, exhaust and so on

SC2150 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS

We have some running high 12's.....
    RX Performance Products/RevXtreme.com 941-721-1826

Quote Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
    We have some running high 12's.....

Pray tell...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.