CTS Coupe 2012 AWD Thumping When turning
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By mcneill8328
  • 1 Post By CadCTS11
  • 1 Post By arw1510
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Mods Discussion, CTS Coupe 2012 AWD Thumping When turning in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I have a 2012 CTS Coupe AWD. It has the factory tires and rims. I have a thumping/binding/slipping sound when ...
    retiredarmy05 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 Cadillac Coupe AWD

CTS Coupe 2012 AWD Thumping When turning

I have a 2012 CTS Coupe AWD. It has the factory tires and rims. I have a thumping/binding/slipping sound when I make tight turns. This is either forwards or back wards. I have been to three dealers in two states. The Diff. fluid was placed in and the tight turns were made to try and lubricate everything. They handed me a paper and basically said it's normal! YOU KIDDING me????? This is NOT normal. These cars are way to expensive for this to be normal with a 40K+++ vehicle!!! I am considering to go "on the air" with this problem if it can not be resolved. As consumers that have products that are under warranty we should be able to drive new vehicles that drive new! Anyone else having this same issue?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

mcneill8328 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe, Premium Pkg
    Search the forum. This topic has been discussed ad nauseam. Many people have experience the same thing as you....
    99flhr likes this.

CadCTS11 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS4 '11 3.0L Luxury

Re: CTS Coupe 2012 AWD Thumping When turning

i think all AwD and 4wD vehicles have similar issues.
    99flhr likes this.

arw1510 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6, 2004 SRX 4.6 AWD, 2012 CTS 3.6 DI AWD
    Shut up.

Its a known issue for coupes with the 19s. Go ahead and go "on the air". I doubt Cadillac will give a shit
    99flhr likes this.

Pdabs is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS4
    "On the air" / thread.

arw1510 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6, 2004 SRX 4.6 AWD, 2012 CTS 3.6 DI AWD

I wonder if he complained this much while he was in the army...

bobseil is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS

I had the problem with my 2009 AWD CTS with 30000 miles. Many others complained of this and were told it was "normal" also. I had the transfer case fluid changed and that solved the problem. Others have also found this to solve the problem. At less than $100 it is worth a try. Cadillac lists this service at 100,000 miles. With a lot of city driving it should be sooner. I have seen recommendations of every 30,000 by independent mechanics. Hope you get it resolved as I have after a year of frustration and no help from the dealer or complaint line.

ownerof2011ctscoupe is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Absolutely. After taking my car back over 5 times and being told there was nothing wrong - I was finally given a bulletin Document ID: 2739496 #PIC4986C: Binding Felt Driving Forward or in Reverse With Steering at Full Lock -(Nov 2, 2011). Cadillac stated it was a "normal characteristic" and nothing was to be done. I escalated to brand management and although a brand manager never actually took the calls they relayed messages through customer service saying nothing would be done, it's normal, and it's not dangerous..... hmmm. I wonder if GM had that same attitude with the chevy cobalt when people were reporting issues. Hopefully no one will get into an accident much less a fatal one as a result but even if they do; I am positive that GM/Cadillac will not accept any blame. I quote the above bulletin "do not attempt any repairs for this condition, this is a normal characteristic".
    __________________________________________________ _____________

Good afternoon, Your CF account is activated. Please use the Profile and Settings tabs to update your profile to reflect pro[per birth date, approximate location car owned, and time zone - or are you really in London - GMT ?

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by ownerof2011ctscoupe
    Absolutely. After taking my car back over 5 times and being told there was nothing wrong - I was finally given a bulletin Document ID: 2739496 #PIC4986C: Binding Felt Driving Forward or in Reverse With Steering at Full Lock -(Nov 2, 2011). Cadillac stated it was a "normal characteristic" and nothing was to be done. I escalated to brand management and although a brand manager never actually took the calls they relayed messages through customer service saying nothing would be done, it's normal, and it's not dangerous..... hmmm. I wonder if GM had that same attitude with the chevy cobalt when people were reporting issues. Hopefully no one will get into an accident much less a fatal one as a result but even if they do; I am positive that GM/Cadillac will not accept any blame. I quote the above bulletin "do not attempt any repairs for this condition, this is a normal characteristic". __________________________________________________ _____________ Good afternoon, Your CF account is activated. Please use the Profile and Settings tabs to update your profile to reflect pro[per birth date, approximate location car owned, and time zone - or are you really in London - GMT ?
    Do you have the 19" summer tires? If so, yes it is normal. In cold weather the wheels will crab/hop. It's a common topic on the V forums and also with the Corvettes.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.