Top mounted Supercharger
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Mods Discussion, Top mounted Supercharger in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; drool factor...
    Rerodz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

Top mounted Supercharger

drool factor

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

GFCAT is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): None

Re: Top mounted Supercharger

What am I missing here? Did something get deleted? At any rate, doing a top mount roots blower on these V6 motors isn't the best idea. It sits up way too high and requires either a massive hood bulge or a hole cut through the hood. It doesn't IMO look good on the Camaro and it surely won't look good on a Caddy. Plus there is no tune for it as of yet.

Better off going with a centrifugal or a turbo set up by a reputable builder. The LLT/Bosch platform is not very mod friendly at the moment. As the LS motors continue to switch to DI, hopefully this will change.

mcneill8328 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe, Premium Pkg
    I'm confused by this video. Is the ride along video done so that we can hear it?? Because you can't....

I agree you can't hear much. However, you can hear them mention that they're running 9 lbs of boost.

GFCAT is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mcneill8328 View Post
    I'm confused by this video. Is the ride along video done so that we can hear it?? Because you can't....
    Quote Originally Posted by Rerodz View Post
    I agree you can't hear much. However, you can hear them mention that they're running 9 lbs of boost.
    I'm confused by both of your responses. I don't see a link for the video at all on my screen. Looking at this from my smart phone.

For some reason the link doesn't appear when on a smartphone. Not sure if the problem is on the forum or youtube side...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=87kTC74Dtf0

SC2150 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Only doing the top mounts on the 5th Gen Camaros.....CTS 3.6 Liter we do single turbo or centrifugal systems.

Have installed, tuned, out the door specials for any 2012-2013 LFX engine CTS 2wd or AWD going on right now. Custom tuned with HP Tuners, and dynode on our new AWD eddy loaded dyno.

Email for pricing or details: RXProducts@aol.com
    RX Performance Products/RevXtreme.com 941-721-1826

GFCAT is offline Banned

I have a TVS 2300 installed and I know what supporting mods it took to get to 8.8 #'s of boost. The goal was 11. I can't see the video. Are they verifying this claim with gauges? I could see 5-6#'s with this setup. 9#'s seems a little high. It's my understanding that these V6 motors are pretty difficult to get that kind of boost, particularly the LLT. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying it's impossible but given the issues with this builder's FI builds, I'm a little skeptical.

For some reason the link doesn't appear when on a smartphone. Not sure if the problem is on the forum or youtube side...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=87kTC74Dtf0
    Thanks for going to the trouble posting this. Unfortunately I can't seem to access it. Just downloaded iOS7 so things are a little off. Have to look at it later tonight on my laptop or iPad.

Quote Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
    Only doing the top mounts on the 5th Gen Camaros.....CTS 3.6 Liter we do single turbo or centrifugal systems.

Have installed, tuned, out the door specials for any 2012-2013 LFX engine CTS 2wd or AWD going on right now. Custom tuned with HP Tuners, and dynode on our new AWD eddy loaded dyno.

Email for pricing or details: RXProducts@aol.com
    How much boost on a single turbo setup?

conedoctor is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320

Its not hard to make boost, its not burning it down that is the trick...

GFCAT is offline Banned

Watched the video. I'm assuming the builder of the top mount kit is driving. He's the one claiming 9#'s of boost. I'll take that with a grain of salt. There was no verification of this number. No gauges, no tuning module hooked up to the car.

That's like saying your car make x amount of horsepower vs showing a dyno sheet or a video of a dyno pull and then backed up by track numbers that support the dyno numbers. I wouldn't just blindly trust the builder's claim that it's making 9#'s of boost. Call me a doubting Thomas. Show me.

No way you have a 2300 on a 3.6L V6...that I have to see pictures of.

And as far as our FI systems, have over 40 out there running and single turbo can easily make 20#'s of boost, but the rods will pretzel at that. All we can support fuel wise without an expensive standalone system is app. 10# which we make with even our base smallest entry system The LFX we can go 12-13#'s with the stock fuel system.

How many video's do you want to see?

This one makes 6#'s with a small V3 blower on the lowest boost pulley we offer with them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWbpdnwAnpw

This one is at 8#'s and spanks V8's with bolt ons:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvIfvOH3bYE

And runs high 12's

Have several top mounts on the road, but all Camaros:

Will fit under a COPO cowl hood, or protrude through...think it would look ugly on a CTS sticking out the hood though, unless it's a coupe:

The billet drive pulley for 10-12# boost:

Engnineering Systems is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I must say that although I lurk here and usually support SC2150, this thing looks hideous. People really want this abortion sticking out of their hood? show me a run in the high 12's and i will be impressed. a little NOS will easily get you there safely too. Also after a bunch of looking, no one has the tune down except for HP tuners for a custom tune, lfx motors and IPF on the LLT. Trifecta is getting more and more crappy with little professional support.

GFCAT is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
    No way you have a 2300 on a 3.6L V6...that I have to see pictures of.

And as far as our FI systems, have over 40 out there running and single turbo can easily make 20#'s of boost, but the rods will pretzel at that. All we can support fuel wise without an expensive standalone system is app. 10# which we make with even our base smallest entry system The LFX we can go 12-13#'s with the stock fuel system.

How many video's do you want to see?

This one makes 6#'s with a small V3 blower on the lowest boost pulley we offer with them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWbpdnwAnpw

This one is at 8#'s and spanks V8's with bolt ons:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvIfvOH3bYE

And runs high 12's

Have several top mounts on the road, but all Camaros:

Will fit under a COPO cowl hood, or protrude through...think it would look ugly on a CTS sticking out the hood though, unless it's a coupe:

The billet drive pulley for 10-12# boost:

Lol, I have the TVS mounted on an LS engined car I've been building. It sits correctly in the V8 and in fact sits lower than the the original intake/plenum and looks almost factory . From an engineering stand point this looks very similar but due to the 60 degree angle of V6, this just doesn't look right. It reminds me of a typical characature depiction of a hot rod with a monsterous motor protruding from the hood with a blower on top. It might have more of a cool factor if it was a V8 but I fear the owner of one of these set ups would simply be the butt of a lot jokes when onlookers discover this is sitting atop a V6.

A turbo or centrifugal makes a lot more sense in this application. Part of the appeal of FI on a V6 is the sleeper aspect. Whooping up on a V8 with a V6 and also having the ability to get 30-35MPG. This contraption has so much visual pretense and hype built in that it simply cannot live up to sound wise or performance wise.

SC2150, do you have any of these kits on ppls car on this forum? Would love to talk to them and get al the pros and cons. Thanks.

I agree for most the old school sticking through the hood is not what fits into todays sleek cars, thus the copo hood.

And the videos are on you tube running high 12's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do_wgDCSw9oAnd I have to agree on the Trifecta side....what used to be respected fell apart. No respect for them anymore, but seems to be a steady list of complaint for the IPF tunes as well on the Camaro forums, and downright nasty on the PRC forums.

LFX custom HP Tuners tune, or one of the few custom tuners that have the LLT down.

----------

Oh, yes, pictures and videos are posted here of the CTS AWD builds with the same SC system.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.