Top mounted Supercharger - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Mods Discussion, Top mounted Supercharger in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Originally Posted by SC2150 I agree for most the old school sticking through the hood is not what fits into ...
    GFCAT is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): None

Re: Top mounted Supercharger

Quote Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
    I agree for most the old school sticking through the hood is not what fits into todays sleek cars, thus the copo hood.

And the videos are on you tube running high 12's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do_wgDCSw9oAnd I have to agree on the Trifecta side....what used to be respected fell apart. No respect for them anymore, but seems to be a steady list of complaint for the IPF tunes as well on the Camaro forums, and downright nasty on the PRC forums.

LFX custom HP Tuners tune, or one of the few custom tuners that have the LLT down.

----------

Oh, yes, pictures and videos are posted here of the CTS AWD builds with the same SC system.
    Links. I must not be looking in the right places.

SC2150 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS

Both IPF and RX have Vortech SC'd v6's running high 12's:

Bolt Ons (Modified airway, exhaust, tires, tune - no internal engine or power adders):
    1. 13.420 @ 103.22 - (1.950/60') ROD1 - A6 - (DRs/Skinnies, Injen CAI, ARH Longtubes/High Flow Cats, SS Axle Back, Trifecta Tune) (LLT)
    2. 13.453 @ 101.9 - (1.936/60') 67 GTO - A6 - (DR/Skinnies, GMPP exhaust/JBA shorties/Vararam CAI/VMax TB/SLP Pulley/Hypertech Tune) (LLT)
    3. 13.51@100.8 - (1.942/60') usa1camaro1969 - M6 - (E85, DRs/Skinnies, VMax Ported TB,Trifecta Tune, Vararam CAI, BBK Long Tubes/High Flow Cats, Cherry Bomb V8 Cat Back, Trifecta Tune) (LLT)
    4. 13.544 @ 100.89 - (1.946/60') HDRS - A6 - (DRs/Skinnies, Injen CAI, MRT v2.0 Axle Back) (LLT)
    5. 13.569 @ 104.07 - (2.181/60') bmorecam - M6 - (E85 tune, Vararam CAI Tuned, magnaflow x-pipe, flowmaster exhaust, OBX LT with all cats removed) (LLT)
    6. 13.641 @ 102.28 - (1.956/60') Glasstop2010RS (DR's/skinnies, Long tube headers/high flow cats, Injen CAI) (LLT)
    7. 13.664 @ 100.88 - (1.936/60') rtcat600man - A6 - (Injen CAI, MRT 2.0 Axle Back Exhaust, OBX Headers, V Max Ported Throttle Body, V Max Black Ice-Olator, Trifecta Tune, Magnaflow Resonated X Pipe, RX Ported Intake Manifold, RX Plenum Spacer) (LLT)
    8. 13.713 @ 102.26 - (2.005/60') formare - A6 - (Injen CAI, SLP Catback, Solo Mach X) (LLT)
    9. 13.738 @ 99.89 - (1.988/60') BloodUSMC A6 - (Roto Fab Intake, MRT V1, OBX LT Headers, Magnaflow Resonated X Pipe, Trifecta Tune) (LLT)
    10. 13.787 @ 100.49 - (1.985/60') scrming - A6 - (DRs, Injen CAI, MRT v2.0 Axle Back, JBA Shorty Headers, Trifecta Tune) (LLT)

Power Adders (Forced Induction):
    1. 11.498 @ 95.91 (low trap speed due to blown engine) -GretchenGotGrowl - A6 - (Twin Turbo, GPI Fuel Enrichment, 4000 CircleD Single Disk Stall, ZL1 fuel pump, Meth Injections, 3.45 gears, 10:1 forged pistons, Nitto 555 Extreme II (Front)/Slicks (Rear)) (LFX)
    2. 12.809 @ 110.90 - Det_Duke - A6 - (LLT IPF supercharger BBK's, HF cats, ice-o-later) (LLT)
    3. 12.92 @ 107.32 - V6owner - A6 - (RX SC, M/T Drag Radial's, BBK LT headers, ported TB, 3/8" icolater, BMR trailing arms/bushings, pfadt drop springs, standard super charger pulley) (LLT)
    4. 13.06 @ 103.19 - BaylorCamaro -A6 - (RX SC, Nitto 555r street DR's, ARH LT headers, ported TB, PFADT drop springs, RX Supercharger, Ported & Polished IM, IM Spacer) (LLT)
    5. 14.11 @ 103.71 - MagnumForceGB - A6 - (IPF Supercharger, Vmax TBody, MACE Stage 4 ported IM, ARH LT Headers, ARK DT-S, BMR Trailing Arms, BMR Subframe Inserts, stock tires)
    6. 14.12 @ 104 - iceman5730 - A6 - (IPF Supercharger, Vmax TBody,Eibach Pro Kit Sway Bars/Springs, Poly sub frame Bushings,GMPP Exhaust)(LLT)
    RX Performance Products/RevXtreme.com 941-721-1826

GFCAT is offline Banned

@SC2150 Sorry for my ignorance, but I'm not understanding where you're going with all of this. You said you have 40 of these kits on the streets. I don't know any of these ppl you've mentioned above or where I can find them. Do you make or sell IPF AND RX kits? You reference "the Camaro forums". Which ones should I look in? I'm confused.

----------

http://www.prcforum.com

Surely this can't be what you're referencing.

bolt007 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS DI Super charged
    Been driving my CTS SC for years!!!

GFCAT is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bolt007 View Post
    Been driving my CTS SC for years!!!
    Cool when did you get it installed? Do you have some pics?

I think we only have 5-6 CTS's out of the 40 some....and no, IPF is a direct competitor and only has a system for the Camaro.

We make them for all the GM based 3.6L platforms.

3-4 of the CTS owners are on hear with threads on their builds, 2 are AWD. ERdoc I think is Dan from Detroit, his is over a year old as well. No one has more turbo 3.6 builds than we do that I am aware of, but IPF has sold more Camaro systems than we have made.

I posted pics of several of the CTS v6 builds.

GFCAT, you don't post where you live, have few posts, but are active in each of our threads being argumentive.....you claim to have a V6 with a 2300, so why are you in the V6 section and stirring this up? How about some honesty and tell us what your objective here is.....it is obvious it is not to promote or contribute to the site in a positive way......and you IP address seems to be on the Camaro forums with another user name.....fill me in if I am mistaken, you play very dumb in the last post, but earlier seem to have all sorts of information on another forums. Your not trolling, are you?

Especially since your IP address is in IPF thread promoting them and cutting us down, strange.

----------

Bolt...post up pictures of yours...exterior and under hood (one of the nicest looking V6 CTS's out there!)

GFCAT is offline Banned

I think we only have 5-6 CTS's out of the 40 some....and no, IPF is a direct competitor and only has a system for the Camaro.

We make them for all the GM based 3.6L platforms.

3-4 of the CTS owners are on hear with threads on their builds, 2 are AWD. ERdoc I think is Dan from Detroit, his is over a year old as well. No one has more turbo 3.6 builds than we do that I am aware of, but IPF has sold more Camaro systems than we have made.

I posted pics of several of the CTS v6 builds.

GFCAT, you don't post where you live, have few posts, but are active in each of our threads being argumentive.....you claim to have a V6 with a 2300, so why are you in the V6 section and stirring this up? How about some honesty and tell us what your objective here is.....it is obvious it is not to promote or contribute to the site in a positive way......and you IP address seems to be on the Camaro forums with another user name.....fill me in if I am mistaken, you play very dumb in the last post, but earlier seem to have all sorts of information on another forums. Your not trolling, are you?

Especially since your IP address is in IPF thread promoting them and cutting us down, strange.

----------

Bolt...post up pictures of yours...exterior and under hood (one of the nicest looking V6 CTS's out there!)
    Lol what else you got Sherlock, I'm a spook from the NSA? Why are you suddenly so defensive and paranoid? Does it say somewhere that I have to own a CTS or reveal to you where I live in order to be interested in them? I ask questions and that makes me argumentative? I lurk and browse and enjoy reading and if something interests me I'll log in and post.

You remind me of a salesman who talks out both sides of his mouth. So much so that I have a hard time following you. It may just be a problem inherent with reading someone's words rather than watching and listening to them speak. Or maybe you're just not that honest. I'm just trying to put myself in a position of understanding instead of a position of assumptions and speculation like you seem to be doing here.

It has motivated me to do a bit of googling about you and your company and your builds as well as IPF and I think I'm getting a pretty good handle on things now. I'm still puzzled by what you mean by "PRC forums" though because the only thing I can find is Polaris Ranger Club. Don't get how that is relevant to this discussion.

You have a nice day.

PRC is People Republic of China.

Thought most realized that.

Here are pics of a CTS 2 wd w/our Paxton/Vortech system build:

GFCAT is offline Banned

PRC is People Republic of China.

Thought most realized that.

Here are pics of a CTS 2 wd w/our Paxton/Vortech system build:

Thank you for the clarification on PRC. I just wasn't thinking that direction in this context. Do you have a link? Is it something a non Chinese speaking person could read?

Is this an early prototype of your kit? That's an awful lot of hose clamps in the first 20 or so inches. Surely that could be made into one piece. The coupler to the right of the MAF sensor looks to have a .25" gap in it. Over all, not bad.

Rx-Cons is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Camaro

So many hose clamps. There is a huge gap by the MAF sensor. Poor workmanship. Isn't your shop closed down? I saw it only had 3 cars and building is for rent again

Quote Originally Posted by GFCAT View Post
    Thank you for the clarification on PRC. I just wasn't thinking that direction in this context. Do you have a link? Is it something a non Chinese speaking person could read?

Is this an early prototype of your kit? That's an awful lot of hose clamps in the first 20 or so inches. Surely that could be made into one piece. The coupler to the right of the MAF sensor looks to have a .25" gap in it. Over all, not bad.

None of the clamps in that picture are tight.....just fitted for size. And they are not hose clamps, hose clamps wont hold boost pressure. They are stainless T clamps. And yes, due to the placement of the MAF sensor this is how the SC on a CTS is done.

Google and others have translation, but again, you don't have a V6 CTS or a caddy, correct?

GFCAT is offline Banned

None of the clamps in that picture are tight.....just fitted for size. And they are not hose clamps, hose clamps wont hold boost pressure. They are stainless T clamps. And yes, due to the placement of the MAF sensor this is how the SC on a CTS is done.

Google and others have translation, but again, you don't have a V6 CTS or a caddy, correct?
    Hose clamps, T clamps, band clamps, T band clamps....semantics are fun lol.
    Do you have any pics of this set up as it should look? As in turnkey and ready to go?

I guess ultimately I don't really care what goes on in PRC and I try not to buy stuff from there. So I'm just going to ask: are your kits manufactured there? I mean I would never be motivated to care about what is going on in China other than the demise of their communist government. Who tunes your builds? Do you tune them in house? Do you have a dyno to do this on? Does someone else tune them?

I do not currently own a 3.6 L CTS. Do you currently own a 3.6 L CTS? How is that relevant? I may buy a 2.0T ATS, I may buy the new TT CTS, I may buy a used CTS and make it a sleeper. Just looking at my options.

ATS or new CTS would be what I would want. Amazing cars and the factory twin turbo is easily modified as well....look at the Pfadt offerings.

I am a supporting vendor here as I specialize in cadillac's and design and manufacture products for them.

We tune inhouse mainly with HP Tuners, but also SCT & Diablo's products and DimSport for the Bosch ECU's.

Shop is 8,000 sq ft, and the dyno is a new state of the art AWD loaded unit. Here are a few pics from a few days ago Several caddy's in currently:
    Going from right side as you enter at the office, finishing back at the office. Keep in mind this is with all customer cars jammed in in the morning before they are moved out. We bring all indoors at night.

How it is relevant is that your not contributing anything positive to this forum, and are not a caddy owner, and don't disclose where you live, etc.....only seem to be stirring up drama.

GFCAT is offline Banned

Excuse me? Is it your place to decide the worth of my contributions. That's quite an arrogant statement to make. Drama? Since when is asking simple questions drama? You sell products here. I don't know much about your company and I'm trying to give you a chance to tell me about your products. Ppl get screwed everyday.

Thanks for the pics. If I'm not mistaken, you seem to be working on Camaros and vintage stuff. Where are the Caddy's? That's what you say you specialize in. I guess I'm a little puzzled. I would expect to see more Caddy's.

Some troll posted you're out of business a couple of posts above and I'm reading elsewhere that you're not returning phone calls regarding products (catchcans?) customers have purchased. Are you even in business? Good grief SC, it's the internet and anyone can say anything. I bet there's guys on here who do not live where they say they do and do not drive what they say they do.

I'm here to learn more. Since you seem to be the only company out there offering a SC kit on a caddy model I'm interested in, why don't you tell me more and not get all defensive because I ask questions vs. offering fanboy adulation. Any other readers looking to buy a sc kit would stand to benefit too from your info. Why act like you have something to hide? It makes no sense to me.

Do you have like a network of dealerships that would offer your kit where they install it? Is it something I could install in my garage at home? And if I did get an LLT powered CTS, the only tuning option is DIMSPORT? Just questions SC. No drama.

GFCAT is offline Banned

And just so nobody can accuse me of making up stuff, here's a link to the poor guy who is waiting for a catchcan 4 mos and counting.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=320349

What's your side of the story SC?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.