Sway Bars
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By StEvO_1222
  • 1 Post By C "T" ess
  • 1 Post By StEvO_1222
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Mods Discussion, Sway Bars in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I'm interested in reducing the body roll of my 2012 3.6 CTS4 Sport Wagon. I've done a bit of searching ...
  1. #1
    StEvO_1222's Avatar
    StEvO_1222 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS4 3.6L Sport Wagon
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    52

    Sway Bars

    I'm interested in reducing the body roll of my 2012 3.6 CTS4 Sport Wagon.
    I've done a bit of searching but have not come up with too many options. Apparently the D3 Competition Sway Bars will work with my application but I have not confirmed this 100%. Can anyone confirm or deny this?
    My second question is, will the front and rear say bars from a 2nd Gen CTS-V fit on my wagon? There seem to be a few of these for sale on eBay.
    If anyone out there has any experience with either the D3 sway bars or any other solution to reduce body roll it would be most helpful.

    Thanks in advance.
    Rerodz likes this.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    donamac is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS Wagon
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1

    Re: Sway Bars

    I'm curious whether you've corrected your sway problem, and whether it's the same as mine.
    My 2012 3.6 wagon has a slight but annoying body roll when traveling in a straight line, caused by minor steering corrections. It feels like the car is loading up on one side, only to switch to the other with a tiny change in direction. This is similar to the way Cadillacs from the 60s handled.
    Thanks!

  4. #3
    tinman's Avatar
    tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    4,677

    Re: Sway Bars

    As far as D3 goes, why don't you call them?

    And the V sway bars...what are they replacing them with which lets them sell then online?

  5. #4
    StEvO_1222's Avatar
    StEvO_1222 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS4 3.6L Sport Wagon
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    52

    Re: Sway Bars

    Quote Originally Posted by donamac View Post
    I'm curious whether you've corrected your sway problem, and whether it's the same as mine.
    My 2012 3.6 wagon has a slight but annoying body roll when traveling in a straight line, caused by minor steering corrections. It feels like the car is loading up on one side, only to switch to the other with a tiny change in direction. This is similar to the way Cadillacs from the 60s handled.
    Thanks!
    Haven't corrected my swaying yet. I wouldn't necessarily call it a problem. I think it's just inherent of the size and weight of the car.
    My last car was a modified audi (coilovers, sway bars, etc) which makes my wagon feel a little tipsy in comparison.

    ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by tinman View Post
    As far as D3 goes, why don't you call them?

    And the V sway bars...what are they replacing them with which lets them sell then online?
    I emailed D3 and never heard back. Guess I got busy with other things and haven't pursued it further.
    The V sway bars for sale on ebay were a mixed bag. Some new, some pulled from a damaged car, some used that were probably replaced with aftermarket.

  6. #5
    Marlin's Avatar
    Marlin is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Springfield VA
    Posts
    92

    Re: Sway Bars

    I thought the AWD CTS had the largest sway bar and the CTS-V has the FE2/3 sway bars?

  7. #6
    StEvO_1222's Avatar
    StEvO_1222 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS4 3.6L Sport Wagon
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    52

    Re: Sway Bars

    Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    I thought the AWD CTS had the largest sway bar and the CTS-V has the FE2/3 sway bars?
    I finally spoke with some one at D3 about their sway bars and apparently the rear is a completely different setup between the RWD and AWD models.
    So it seems there are really no options for upgrading the rear end stabilizer bars on AWD models.

  8. #7
    C "T" ess's Avatar
    C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Tampa,FL
    Posts
    2,122

    Re: Sway Bars

    On my vette I switched the bushings from the factory bushings to hard silicone bushings and it changed the ride completely. Even with the vette suspension being so tight, the bushing change, planted it to the road. I got the bushing kit from either Mid-America or Ecklers, I don't remember which but they both had them. You may want to look for an upgrade set for a CTS-V. I guess they may work.
    D VADER likes this.

  9. #8
    StEvO_1222's Avatar
    StEvO_1222 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS4 3.6L Sport Wagon
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    52

    Re: Sway Bars

    Quote Originally Posted by C "T" ess View Post
    On my vette I switched the bushings from the factory bushings to hard silicone bushings and it changed the ride completely. Even with the vette suspension being so tight, the bushing change, planted it to the road. I got the bushing kit from either Mid-America or Ecklers, I don't remember which but they both had them. You may want to look for an upgrade set for a CTS-V. I guess they may work.
    Thanks for the suggestion. As I'm starting to find out, the CTS4 is a much different beast mechanically than the CTS-V. Most "V" solutions are not compatible
    Dizzle54 likes this.

  10. #9
    Panzer Leader's Avatar
    Panzer Leader is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS 3.6 V6 RWD Performance Sedan
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Mandeville, Louisiana
    Posts
    588

    Re: Sway Bars

    Agree with the bushing suggestion.... What about upgrading your struts and shocks? I was always curious whether the "V" Magnetic Ride could be put on other CTS models....

  11. #10
    StEvO_1222's Avatar
    StEvO_1222 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS4 3.6L Sport Wagon
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    52

    Re: Sway Bars

    Looked into the bushings a bit. Anyone have any experience with a company called Whiteline? They make quite a few bushings for the CTS and CTS-V.
    Maybe something like this would help with body roll...
    http://www.whiteline.com.au/product_..._number=W93398
    I especially like how it "helps in removing unwanted crossmember movement & passenger motion sickness"

  12. #11
    tinman's Avatar
    tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    4,677

    Re: Sway Bars

    Quote Originally Posted by Panzer Leader View Post
    Agree with the bushing suggestion.... What about upgrading your struts and shocks? I was always curious whether the "V" Magnetic Ride could be put on other CTS models....
    The magnetic ride is exclusive to the V and not able to be replicated on our standard CTS vehicles.

    Bushings are always a good upgrade. Shocks, well, I have not been able to find anything to call an upgrade.

  13. #12
    Panzer Leader's Avatar
    Panzer Leader is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS 3.6 V6 RWD Performance Sedan
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Mandeville, Louisiana
    Posts
    588

    Re: Sway Bars

    Quote Originally Posted by StEvO_1222 View Post
    Looked into the bushings a bit. Anyone have any experience with a company called Whiteline? They make quite a few bushings for the CTS and CTS-V.
    Maybe something like this would help with body roll...
    http://www.whiteline.com.au/product_..._number=W93398
    I especially like how it "helps in removing unwanted crossmember movement & passenger motion sickness"
    Thanks for the info. I just called them.... Forgot about Whiteline.... They were a great help to the G8 community..... I now am wondering about Pedders, BMR and Spohn..... I think just doing the bushings on front and rear control arms. rear cross-member kit and the rear radial arm bushing will do the trick. Especially with larger sway bars.... I might not need to change out the struts and shocks at this point. I am also planning to either change out the OEM tires and/or go to the 18" rims.... Thanks again...

  14. #13
    conedoctor is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,497

    Re: Sway Bars

    All this talk of "upgrade" bushings should lead to posts about my car rides rough and makes noise lol...

    Tires will help handling more than any other mod, so if no bushings can be found look at good tires.

  15. #14
    Panzer Leader's Avatar
    Panzer Leader is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS 3.6 V6 RWD Performance Sedan
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Mandeville, Louisiana
    Posts
    588

    Re: Sway Bars

    Quote Originally Posted by conedoctor View Post
    All this talk of "upgrade" bushings should lead to posts about my car rides rough and makes noise lol...

    Tires will help handling more than any other mod, so if no bushings can be found look at good tires.
    LOL.... Same when I did the G8.... Total cost from Whiteline is $700.00 this includes:
    Front Lower Control Arm Part Number W52178.... $64.90
    Rear Cross Member Kit...................................... $272.90
    Rear Control Arm Bushings Inner W63409 $279.90
    Rear Control Arm Bushing Outer W63410 $99.90
    Rear Radial Arm Bushing W63408......................$109.90

    Special Lube is furnished free.... (Don't know if it is for the bushings or the buyer...LOL)

    Yes they creak, yeas they firm it up but the improvement is worth it. And I agree about the tires....

  16. #15
    StEvO_1222's Avatar
    StEvO_1222 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS4 3.6L Sport Wagon
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    52

    Re: Sway Bars

    Quote Originally Posted by Panzer Leader View Post
    LOL.... Same when I did the G8.... Total cost from Whiteline is $700.00
    Ouch.
    I wonder if doing just the rear cross member kit will reduce the wagon body roll.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting