Catch can
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Mods Discussion, Catch can in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Hi If i install catch can for my 13 CTS coupe , did the warranty will expiry ?? As i ...
    LuciferEyes is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Catch can

Hi

If i install catch can for my 13 CTS coupe , did the warranty will expiry ??

As i read it is important part ,

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

arw1510 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6, 2004 SRX 4.6 AWD, 2012 CTS 3.6 DI AWD

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    On the topic, I have a question. I installed my catch can at 14K miles. I now have almost 20K. I posted recently that I have noticed less oil consumption. For the fist 14K miles I was noticing about a qt every 5K miles, now after nearly 6K miles the level is just below the first hash mark and I have emptied my catch can twice during that time and combined I doubt it amounted to 1/2 cup. Someone here stated that the reduced oil consumption is probably due to the rings finally setting.

Here is my question though. Ever since installing the can, I seem to notice a scent of crankcase vapors near the front of the car when it's hot. For example when I get home after work and park in the garage and as I walk around the front of the car I can detect the scent.

I don't think I'm leaking. As far as I can see the shields look dry and I'm not burning any and as I said the pile level is nearly full.

Was wondering if anyone else noticed the scent.

arw1510 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6, 2004 SRX 4.6 AWD, 2012 CTS 3.6 DI AWD
    Quote Originally Posted by gohawks63 View Post

On the topic, I have a question. I installed my catch can at 14K miles. I now have almost 20K. I posted recently that I have noticed less oil consumption. For the fist 14K miles I was noticing about a qt every 5K miles, now after nearly 6K miles the level is just below the first hash mark and I have emptied my catch can twice during that time and combined I doubt it amounted to 1/2 cup. Someone here stated that the reduced oil consumption is probably due to the rings finally setting.

Here is my question though. Ever since installing the can, I seem to notice a scent of crankcase vapors near the front of the car when it's hot. For example when I get home after work and park in the garage and as I walk around the front of the car I can detect the scent.

I don't think I'm leaking. As far as I can see the shields look dry and I'm not burning any and as I said the pile level is nearly full.

Was wondering if anyone else noticed the scent.
    I was actually smelling it in the car after I first drained the can. I narrowed it down to the residual oil left in the tube from the bottom of the can. I cut the drain tube really short and now make sure to clean out the tube as well when I drain and the smell has not come back. A replacement cabin air filter at the same time may have helped

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.