H&R Springs -- confused about "claimed" drop *pics*
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GProdigy
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Mods Discussion, H&R Springs -- confused about "claimed" drop *pics* in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Just installed some Rohana wheels and H&R Springs on my gf's 08 CTS. H&R claims the drop is 1.5-2"... but ...
    Automobile(s): CL63 AMG

H&R Springs -- confused about "claimed" drop *pics*

Just installed some Rohana wheels and H&R Springs on my gf's 08 CTS. H&R claims the drop is 1.5-2"... but i feel it barely dropped the car at all. I know the springs will settle a little, but even then it will only drop a fraction of an inch. Anybody else have experience with H&R Springs on the CTS? If so, did yours drop more? I may end up having to take this off and installing a coilover setup to give the car the aggressive look i'm going for...hate the ugly wheel gap.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

FDU243 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS Coupe

Re: H&R Springs -- confused about "claimed" drop *pics*

Any side profile pictures?

GProdigy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): cts

I'm thinking about coilovers as well.

mine have settled and the rear has no gap at all..but the front still has gap. most ppl don't notice but I'm digging the stance look these days so i want to go for that.

the only reason i didn't go with coilovers is b/c at one point they were almost $3000....now you can get them for $900 or something...

Automobile(s): CL63 AMG

Quote Originally Posted by GProdigy View Post
    I'm thinking about coilovers as well.

mine have settled and the rear has no gap at all..but the front still has gap. most ppl don't notice but I'm digging the stance look these days so i want to go for that.

the only reason i didn't go with coilovers is b/c at one point they were almost $3000....now you can get them for $900 or something...
    I did a small stretch on the front and rear tires, the wheels will sit perfectly flush once the car is lowered properly.

GProdigy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): cts

Quote Originally Posted by status:one View Post
    I did a small stretch on the front and rear tires, the wheels will sit perfectly flush once the car is lowered properly.
    not sure what you mean 'stretch' on the tires..

do you have a update pic of it sitting flushed?

is250sp is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe Premium RWD

Quote Originally Posted by status:one View Post
    Just installed some Rohana wheels and H&R Springs on my gf's 08 CTS. H&R claims the drop is 1.5-2"... but i feel it barely dropped the car at all. I know the springs will settle a little, but even then it will only drop a fraction of an inch. Anybody else have experience with H&R Springs on the CTS? If so, did yours drop more? I may end up having to take this off and installing a coilover setup to give the car the aggressive look i'm going for...hate the ugly wheel gap.
    Not sure where you got the 1.5-2 but the specs are front 1.4 rear 1.3. But even so I didn't think it even drop that much so I went with coilovers.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.