Warped rotors and need some more juice
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Mods Discussion, Warped rotors and need some more juice in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; During a decent pass I got some aggressive vibes from the front brakes. Felt like warped rotors, only when hot. ...
    Ramv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Warped rotors and need some more juice

During a decent pass I got some aggressive vibes from the front brakes. Felt like warped rotors, only when hot. (Slowing from 95 or so to 45). 2012 coupe AWD with 12000 miles. Suggestions for better rotors ? I put the GMPP on my Avalanche and they have been flawless for over 100 k miles.

Also could use more power at altitude, I assume I need forced induction. Turbo or S/c ? Anyone in the Denver area who can do the instal and tune?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

arw1510 is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6, 2004 SRX 4.6 AWD, 2012 CTS 3.6 DI AWD
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramv
    During a decent pass I got some aggressive vibes from the front brakes. Felt like warped rotors, only when hot. (Slowing from 95 or so to 45). 2012 coupe AWD with 12000 miles. Suggestions for better rotors ? I put the GMPP on my Avalanche and they have been flawless for over 100 k miles.

Also could use more power at altitude, I assume I need forced induction. Turbo or S/c ? Anyone in the Denver area who can do the instal and tune?
    What would gmpp have to do with rotors on a fairly new vehicle? If they warped already with so little miles you can argue with the dealer enough for them to replace them under warranty

From my 3/4 ton experience I say not worth dealer time. Hence my post in performance. With the Chevy they couldn't replicate the problem. (Dealers are on Denver, hard to get them to test drive in te hills ) three trips and they finally resurfaced the rotors. Which warped immediately.

The slotted cross drilled GMPp do much better than the stock vented on the truck. I assume there are some good options for the caddy.

Are AWD coupes the smaller 315 mm rotors? Ours is the premium but I don't recall any performance options on the AWD. It has 18" wheels and the taller axle ratio. .

arw1510 is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6, 2004 SRX 4.6 AWD, 2012 CTS 3.6 DI AWD

Re: Warped rotors and need some more juice

Quote Originally Posted by Ramv View Post
    From my 3/4 ton experience I say not worth dealer time. Hence my post in performance. With the Chevy they couldn't replicate the problem. (Dealers are on Denver, hard to get them to test drive in te hills ) three trips and they finally resurfaced the rotors. Which warped immediately.

The slotted cross drilled GMPp do much better than the stock vented on the truck. I assume there are some good options for the caddy.
    Why you say GMPP, I think of General Motors Protection Plan, the extended warranty, which was really throwing me off

conedoctor is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D

GM performance parts

Yep. Dura last or Rayestas had the same parts too at slightly less. Anyway what's a good alternative to stock rotors on a AWD coupe?

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

There is always the Brembo brake upgrade.

Link? Or are you referring to the CTS V brakes?

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

The one Mr. Coffee has written in the Performance Forum subcategory. Link is here: http://http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2008-2013-cadillac-cts-performance-mods/311106-diy-install-cts-v-brembo-brakes.html

Cool, yeah I have read that thread. Very informative.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.