Cts - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Mods Discussion, Cts in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Thank you for you input!! I've never heard of a Federal Emissions Warranty before. I will call the dealer and ...
    katamarie69 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac CTS

Re: Cts

Thank you for you input!! I've never heard of a Federal Emissions Warranty before. I will call the dealer
    and ask them if this is possibly covered, thanks a million! I was getting ready to go pick the car up and
    take it elsewhere because at this point I'm not having a whole lot of faith in this dealership... It was fine for the first 3 weeks of purchasing it but I HAD to have that window trim piece properly installed (tab was not connected properly) then not 5 miles (after they popped it into place) all dashboard went crazy!! I had driven this car to southern Indiana (from Fishers, just north of Indianapolis) it drove fine no issues... I'm thinking they oops did something and now can't find the issue... I don't know... Thank you again, I will def find out if it is or not.
    Kathleen

I asked about the Federal Emissions Warranty, and he said it basically covers the cadilatic converter is all... He says they think they found the problem... I really don't know because I know "zero" about a car repairs... He stated the wiring that runs to the headlamp is running at 800 ohms and should be running nearly
    "zero" he said this "could" create all of these issues with the warning lights.. Sounds crazy to me, but they will have that replaced by tomorrow... I guess with this, time shall tell...

Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

The fed emissions warranty covers much more than the cat convertor. It includes the engine controller and a lot of sensors that control your engine. It's too bad the dealer doesn't know.

Hopefully they have correctly spotted and will fix the problem for you.

Marv

Thank you! I sure am hoping as well. If for "any" reason this is not the problem, I will be picking it up from Lockhart Cadillac and will be going elsewhere... I have tried researching more about the
    wiring that leads to the headlamp, however I really haven't been able to find anything that is even close to this issue. I will keep you posted as you have tried to be very helpful. Thank you again!
    Kathleen

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.