Cadillac CTS 3.6L V6 263HP oul burninf!!! HELP!!! No warranty!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Mods Discussion, Cadillac CTS 3.6L V6 263HP oul burninf!!! HELP!!! No warranty! in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Hello, What should I do? My Cadillac CTS 2008 (68000 miles) burns oil. I'm using recommended oil Mobile 1 5w30. ...
    Mat1989rr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cts 2008

Cadillac CTS 3.6L V6 263HP oul burninf!!! HELP!!! No warranty!

Hello,

What should I do?

My Cadillac CTS 2008 (68000 miles) burns oil. I'm using recommended oil Mobile 1 5w30.

I did consumption test. After 2500 miles there is no oil in my car (dipstick shows that oil is on the lowest level).

I do not have warranty.

Please help me!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Jagillac is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe
    From what iv read on here the 08 had that problem. Iv been told that the remedy for it was a good quality oil catch can. People on the forum seem to love the RX catch can.

BMWFUELPUMPFAILURE is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Re: Cadillac CTS 3.6L V6 263HP oul burninf!!! HELP!!! No warranty!

The sump on these cars holds 6 quarts of oil. If you truly are seeing a reading on the dipstick (at the lowest point) after 2500 miles, then that means that you burned about a quart of oil in 2500 miles. The dipstick on these cars measures only the top quart of oil, not all 6. For example, if you see that there is oil halfway up the dipstick, then it means that you burned half a quart of oil (assuming the level was FULL after the most recent change).

1 quart in 2500 miles is not uncommon, and unless there are leaks, don't worry. Just top it off before it gets a full quart low.

Now if you truly are burning off all 6 quarts after 2500 miles, you have a serious problem that should be fixed.

dandunham is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS performance mdl 3.6L

Re: Cadillac CTS 3.6L V6 263HP oul burninf!!! HELP!!! No warranty!

I agree what BMWFuelPumpfailure, thats allot of oil if it really burned all the oil in the crank case, but it you dump another quart in and its back up to full then you are only burning 1 quart for that many miles. that is within the accepted norm and I would not spend any money to "fix" that issue.
    do you have any black smoke? any oil leaks? if not then I would just drive it but keep an eye on it for any other signs, strange noises...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.