Easy mod for a beginner
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Mods Discussion, Easy mod for a beginner in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Hello, I am 16 I have a 2008 Cadillac cts awd with DI. I was wondering is their an easy ...
    jrbrady is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac CTS & 2007 Cadillac STS

Easy mod for a beginner

Hello, I am 16 I have a 2008 Cadillac cts awd with DI. I was wondering is their an easy mod I can start off with either mechanical or appearance wise?
    Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Sal33n is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Former '03 CTS owner, 09' CTS4

Re: Easy mod for a beginner

Well normally your budget dictates what you can do and "you", not the people on the forums, also have to decide on a performance mod or changing the look of your CTS. An easy performance mod or upgrade would be to put new plugs in or install a better air filter. An easy appearance mod would be to get the windows tinted, get the car detailed or do it yourself, get new rims, add a spoiler if you like that look, change the front grill, etc. But again, it all depends on your budget.

DmillCTS08 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS RWD 3.6l V6

Re: Easy mod for a beginner

If I were you I'd start with a the KPE Cold air intake and tune. They have sale right now if you buy both. Thats what Im doing first as well. the Cold Air Intake should give you up to 20 HP and better gas mileage, and the tune will further enhance your cars performance. After that, buy a Vmax Ported Throttle Body, Airaid "EcoAid Throttle Body Booster", and Airaid "Throttle Body Spacer". Those are all pretty cheap mods and will give you both better gas mileage and better low and mid range power, getting rid of the lag in the early rpms.

jrbrady is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac CTS & 2007 Cadillac STS
    Thanks a lot!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.