affordable coilover alternative
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By tinman
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Mods Discussion, affordable coilover alternative in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Arrggg all this time I thought only KW makes coilovers for 2008+ CTS. I even recently bought one which cost ...
    is250sp is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe Premium RWD

affordable coilover alternative

Arrggg all this time I thought only KW makes coilovers for 2008+ CTS. I even recently bought one which cost an arm, a leg, and one eyeball. Just discovered that BC Racing makes a more affordable set http://circuitmotorsports.rpmware.co.../i-526996.aspx

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

Re: affordable coilover alternative

I had some KW pricing around $500 per corner ($2000). How much are these?

Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

Looking at the site, they are $995, or half the price of the KW prices.

Marv

I missed that. Thanks, Marv. That is an attractive price. We need a Beta tester, so you need to try them to see how they will work for the rest of us!
    Mistercoffee2 and Tbbt like this.

suicidecl is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have a used set of BC Racing Coilovers in the classifieds if your are interested. I had them on for over 2 years and I can tell you it rides just as stock but you have the advantage of adjusting the height to your liking.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...coupe-non.html

suicideci,

I looked for your ad in the classifieds and couldn't find it. Maybe you need to re-do it? Or maybe it's just my search was bad.

Why did you take them off and why are you selling them? How many miles on them?

Marv

suicidecl, you stated that the ride is equal to the stock ride. Then why put them on? I want a more firm ride that the soft ride of stock.

Quote Originally Posted by tinman View Post
    suicidecl, you stated that the ride is equal to the stock ride. Then why put them on? I want a more firm ride that the soft ride of stock.
    Stock meaning in ride quality not in height.The coils are adjustible. You have 30 damper settings you can set it to your liking. If you want to adjust to feel like stock but have a lower stance you can, if you want a firm ride you can adjust it for that as well. With the damper setting it allows to go low with a better ride comfort not like when you just put regular lowering springs on and at times the ride may get bumpy.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tbbt View Post
    suicideci,

I looked for your ad in the classifieds and couldn't find it. Maybe you need to re-do it? Or maybe it's just my search was bad.

Why did you take them off and why are you selling them? How many miles on them?

Marv
    I put the link right underneath the post just click it and it should take you there. Coils where on for about 18k miles had to take them off because my lease is up.

[/COLOR]
    I put the link right underneath the post just click it and it should take you there. Coils where on for about 18k miles had to take them off because my lease is up.[/QUOTE]

I went to the link, it did open, but I thought it went back to another post other than classifieds. Funny thing is that when I look through the classifieds, I don't see your post at all - even by searching by you name or BC Racing Coilovers for CTS Coupe non V for sale? Odd!

Marv

Quote Originally Posted by Tbbt View Post
    [/COLOR]
    I put the link right underneath the post just click it and it should take you there. Coils where on for about 18k miles had to take them off because my lease is up.
    I went to the link, it did open, but I thought it went back to another post other than classifieds. Funny thing is that when I look through the classifieds, I don't see your post at all - even by searching by you name or BC Racing Coilovers for CTS Coupe non V for sale? Odd!

Marv[/QUOTE]

Thats weird I have an add in both classified sections the new one and in the old style.

First off, I didn't even know there was an 'old' classified section and yes, your ads do show up under the accessories section.

I have my bookmark set to go directly to the 2nd gen CTS and it shows Gen discussion forum, Performance Forum, Appearance mods as well as Classifieds. Your ads don't show up in this forum. That's why I couldn't find them. Something is screwy and the system isn't filtering ads correctly.

Good Luck, Marv

[QUOTE=suicidecl;10792258]Stock meaning in ride quality not in height.The coils are adjustible. You have 30 damper settings you can set it to your liking. If you want to adjust to feel like stock but have a lower stance you can, if you want a firm ride you can adjust it for that as well. With the damper setting it allows to go low with a better ride comfort not like when you just put regular lowering springs on and at times the ride may get bumpy.[COLOR="Silver"]
    Correct. What I read in your reply is the ride is similar to stock. The height is adjustable. I am looking for a more firm, stiffer handling along with a reduction in height. I live in Florida and they have never heard of frost heaves or winter potholes. We get rain washouts, but not too often, and they equate to potholes. Those are few and far in between thankfully.

[QUOTE=tinman;10792834]
    Quote Originally Posted by suicidecl View Post
    Stock meaning in ride quality not in height.The coils are adjustible. You have 30 damper settings you can set it to your liking. If you want to adjust to feel like stock but have a lower stance you can, if you want a firm ride you can adjust it for that as well. With the damper setting it allows to go low with a better ride comfort not like when you just put regular lowering springs on and at times the ride may get bumpy.[COLOR="Silver"]
    Correct. What I read in your reply is the ride is similar to stock. The height is adjustable. I am looking for a more firm, stiffer handling along with a reduction in height. I live in Florida and they have never heard of frost heaves or winter potholes. We get rain washouts, but not too often, and they equate to potholes. Those are few and far in between thankfully.
    These would work great for you then. You can tweak the suspension to how firm you like.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.