2009 CTS Battery Drain ( Disappointed with Cadillac reponse)
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Mods Discussion, 2009 CTS Battery Drain ( Disappointed with Cadillac reponse) in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Hello all, I am on my 3rd Cadillac and have always been a very satisfied customer. I thought I would ...
    bcohen is offline Cadillac Owners Member

2009 CTS Battery Drain ( Disappointed with Cadillac reponse)

Hello all,

I am on my 3rd Cadillac and have always been a very satisfied customer. I thought I would share a very disappointing experience that some of you might be experiencing.

Since I bought my 2009 CTS I have experienced the occasional waking up to a dead battery. This was very infrequent and because this was a weekend car, I just thought it was from the lack of use or that my wife a had forgotten to turn something off. I did however mention the issue every time I took the vehicle in for service, just in case, but was always told the charging system was fine.

Fast forward to this year when my car went out of the manufacturer warranty and the extended warranty took over. All of a sudden, my battery was dead every morning, even after driving the car. I replaced the battery and it still happened. I took it into GM and they reset the computer, dead the next morning. I took it in to the local Cadillac dealership and they said it was the battery which I had just replaced. They put in a new Cadillac battery $240 and it was dead the next morning. 11 days at the dealership and they were stumped.

I did some research and found a Cadillac bulletin stating the seat module would cause this issue and that it needed to be re-programmed. Cadillac said, ok $360 to program it. I was a little surprised at the price, but said, no big deal I have an extended warranty. Extended warranty company said, we will replace the module, but we wont pay to re-program it, that should be something Cadillac should pay for ( I agree).

So to make a long story longer, it cost me 14 days without a car and $340 to have a module re-programmed that Cadillac new was a problem and never fixed while it was under warranty.

Ok, no big deal, I will just call Cadillac corporate and they will surely take care of this known problem for such a long time loyal customer. Nope, they told me we don't cover anything out of warranty.

End of story!!!!!

Still in shock and planning my next move, but my next move will probably not have a Cadillac in it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by bcohen
    Hello all,

I am on my 3rd Cadillac and have always been a very satisfied customer. I thought I would share a very disappointing experience that some of you might be experiencing.

Since I bought my 2009 CTS I have experienced the occasional waking up to a dead battery. This was very infrequent and because this was a weekend car, I just thought it was from the lack of use or that my wife a had forgotten to turn something off. I did however mention the issue every time I took the vehicle in for service, just in case, but was always told the charging system was fine.

Fast forward to this year when my car went out of the manufacturer warranty and the extended warranty took over. All of a sudden, my battery was dead every morning, even after driving the car. I replaced the battery and it still happened. I took it into GM and they reset the computer, dead the next morning. I took it in to the local Cadillac dealership and they said it was the battery which I had just replaced. They put in a new Cadillac battery $240 and it was dead the next morning. 11 days at the dealership and they were stumped.

I did some research and found a Cadillac bulletin stating the seat module would cause this issue and that it needed to be re-programmed. Cadillac said, ok $360 to program it. I was a little surprised at the price, but said, no big deal I have an extended warranty. Extended warranty company said, we will replace the module, but we wont pay to re-program it, that should be something Cadillac should pay for ( I agree).

So to make a long story longer, it cost me 14 days without a car and $340 to have a module re-programmed that Cadillac new was a problem and never fixed while it was under warranty.

Ok, no big deal, I will just call Cadillac corporate and they will surely take care of this known problem for such a long time loyal customer. Nope, they told me we don't cover anything out of warranty.

End of story!!!!!

Still in shock and planning my next move, but my next move will probably not have a Cadillac in it.
    I had a similar situation with Acura. My Navtraffic would occasionally not work. Finally the dealer found a bulletin that a software update was required. Acuracare would not pay for it for the same reason you were told, they only pay to repair or replace parts, not software updates or programming.

Difference with me is that the dealer ate the cost out of goodwill.

Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

Re: 2009 CTS Battery Drain ( Disappointed with Cadillac reponse)

Cohen, Welcome to the forum. Owner since 2009 and this is your first post!

You don't need to double post here! Most forum participants read all threads!

See my post in the other posting!

Marv

PS - this isn't the complaint forum for Cadillac!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.