Mod Idea
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Mods Discussion, Mod Idea in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I know it's probably been done and I'm just being a bit lazy in finding a good thread but I ...
    anpirz is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Mod Idea

I know it's probably been done and I'm just being a bit lazy in finding a good thread but I was thinking on modding my factory intake. I have a drop in K&N and was thinking of cutting out a hole in the box, attaching a thick tube to it and running it to the grill. Kind if like the volant system with their ghetto ram air, just without their filter flopping around inside. Seems like the same concept without spending $300 for a cool sound. That plus an iceolator should be a great combo. Any thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

WRXtranceformed is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Mod Idea

The factory intake already has a ram air element to it, it's built into the intake silencer. You would be providing no benefit at all over stock. If you just want better sound remove that silencer. You will see what I am talking about when you take out your intake. Do a search on this forum for a DIY silencer removal thread I made.

Thank you very much, I did not know that. Im not interested in sound. I'm really just wondering how much better an aftermarket intake is than my drop in K&N. I guess everything's diameter is just bigger with the new intake, providing more air?

WRXtranceformed is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Yeah no problem, I mean the reality is that an intake is not going to add much power wise on a naturally aspirated 6 cylider engine. The stock intakeon one of my old WRXs was so well engineered that it didn't really need to be touched until over 300whp. You are probably not going to notice a seat of the pants difference between your current setup and a $300 aftermarket intake until you really start to mod (supercharger, etc.)

That's what I figured. Not gonna invest that big in the car (supercharger). I'm just gonna stick with an iceolator, ported TB, a catch can and a tune. Should be enough to get that "wasted potential" feeling out of the ride. Thanks for the advice

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

Quote Originally Posted by anpirz View Post
    That's what I figured. Not gonna invest that big in the car (supercharger). I'm just gonna stick with an iceolator, ported TB, a catch can and a tune. Should be enough to get that "wasted potential" feeling out of the ride. Thanks for the advice
    Unless you have a credit card with a high limit, I personally believe this is the best bang for the buck. Maybe add the Brembo brakes. And by tune, did you mean the Trifecta Tune?

Just did a brake change so probably will hold off on that. Although I feel like the braking system on the di's don't hold up well. Too heavy of a car.

I was researching the trifecta tune to see how difficult it was to use and it seems like a breeze. I live in Miami and the best tune shop around I believe is Redline in Deerfield beach. Is trifecta just as good as a shop like Redline? I'm a DIY guy but won't compromise when it comes to the well being of my car. Your thoughts, Tinman? Will other shops have more/less options when tuning?

----------

It seems like trifecta has cornered the market for tuning the cts. Is there better?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.