CTS Performance upgrades 3.6 DI
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Mods Discussion, CTS Performance upgrades 3.6 DI in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Does anyone know why it is so hard to get performance parts for this 3.6L?All I'm trying to do is ...
    waunakee wayne is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 cts-4

Unhappy CTS Performance upgrades 3.6 DI

Does anyone know why it is so hard to get performance parts for this 3.6L?All I'm trying to do is get an RX Catch Can, Updated throttle body and V-max Ice-olater. Is there that much demand out there for these parts that you can't get your hands on them?I have been in contact with MDR thru e-mail but we are kinda in a holding pattern. I really want to add these mod's then buy the trifacta tune and be done. I really don't want to put the cart before the horse and do a tune then get parts added than go back and have to do it again.Does anyone have any help for me? Or maybe guide me in the right direction.Or a real live contact I could speak with?Thanks for any help you might be able to provide.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

arw1510 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6, 2004 SRX 4.6 AWD, 2012 CTS 3.6 DI AWD

Re: CTS Performance upgrades 3.6 DI

1. Who's MDR? 2. Catch Can won't give you any more performance, but in the long run will help stop your car from losing performance. 3. Why not go straight to revxtreme.com and get the stuff from them. Tracy and everyone else over there has always been a great help. 4. You didn't buy a car that most people go out and heavily mod, so there isn't much of a performance aftermarket in the first place.

Mad Dog Racing, that's the info I got from this forum to get this stuff thru.I know theirs not much out there.But when I decided to go back and own a Cad, I wanted better fuel economy and still have a little geety up and go. I almost bought a V, but up here in Wisconsin you would have to be somewhat crazy to own a rear wheel drive car that you need to drive through the winter ,not to mention the extra HP. So I purchased a CTS-4 3.6DI , a have already put a Magnaflow cat-back exhaust system and CAI and that's help alot thru my seat of the pants gauge. But I heard that the V-max Ice-olater (15 to 20 hp), and Reworked throttle body(better throttle response/feel) with a tune would get me were I would like my car to be,maybe 340-350 hp at the engine.(RX can to keep the engine running at peak performance)Not a race car but a good seat of the pants feel when you hit the throttle ,not the hit the throttle then there's a hesitation then it goes only just to find sixth gear as fast as it can.I can especially notice getting to sixth gear as fast as it can since I put the exhaust on it. So that is why I'm looking for these parts ,so I can have a little fun in the sports car scene.But still have all the goodies inside my Cad

arw1510 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6, 2004 SRX 4.6 AWD, 2012 CTS 3.6 DI AWD

I gotcha, but why not go straight to the manufacturer? SC2150 on here is revxtreme and they should be able to get you all the parts you're looking for. I've gone to them for multiple products and have had no issue with them or their products. I really doubt your gonna get 340-350 hp at the engine though. in 2010 what was the engine rated at? 300 or so? you might get close after the tune but don't get your hopes up. I had the same issue with choosing the V or the standard sedan. Driving 25,000 miles a year in NY, I have to be able to get to work in the winter so the 2012 cts 4 was the right choice. My 04 cts rwd cant get itself out of the drive way in the snow lol.

Thanks arw1510 for your time and input.Yes I agree, and I put a e-mail out to them on there website and hopefully will get a response soon. I'll let you know how it turns out.

6.2/3.6 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS 3.6 DI AWD

Bad News Racing is a distributor of all RX items and they are easy to get a hold of when you need them.

Got a call from Tracy( revxtreme.com) today, what a pleasant conversation I had with him and am confident that my dreams are coming true. I placed my mega order for everything I wanted and should see it at my door in 3 weeks.(Good things come for people that can wait) Tracy said just with that V-max Ice-olater I will see 20 RWHP ( I will keep everyone updated with my project, pictures too.) Thanks for the input on my build ,awesome forum!!

Just install my RX throttle body ( didn't get a sticker ) along with the ice-olater that I've been waiting for and I can say it is a much smoother ride thru the RPM range, don't know how much HP I gained but is more responsive. I waiting now for my cable from Tracy and my tune for this 3.6DI and I let you all know if it was all worth it. But so far so good.As far as installation is concerned it is pretty easy on the throttle body very straight forward 4 bolts and a plug. Would like to see some instructions included with the black ice-olater that's a little more involved. Maybe someone can make something up for that install.

krenzema is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '05 STS N* V8
    Ice-olator install instructions are found on the RX website.
    D VADER likes this.

Got some bad news, I been waiting for two months on my Trifecta tune from RX Performance and they can't get that for me ?I was told they no longer are a distributor.So I'm hoping I don't have to wait two months for my 400.00 back? I installed the catch can I got one month later than promised ,but I did get it and it looks like a good product. I've had the ice-olater and throttle body on for a month now and its O.K. I really won't know how good it is until I can get a tune. I sure wish Tracy was a little more forthcoming about not being able to take care of his customers. I am still waiting on my 200.00 core charge for my throttle body I purchased ,I did what was ask and returned it immediately and its now been over three weeks and haven't seen that money either. Well I will post my progress in finding a tune. But I should have stayed with Bad News Racing, but hindsight is 20/20

Rx-Cons is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Camaro

Yup that sounds like Tracy

Here is the aftermath of the "only properly working catch an on the market"
    Look at all the oil in the intake manifold

GFCAT is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): None

Quote Originally Posted by waunakee wayne View Post
    Got some bad news, I been waiting for two months on my Trifecta tune from RX Performance and they can't get that for me ?I was told they no longer are a distributor.So I'm hoping I don't have to wait two months for my 400.00 back? I installed the catch can I got one month later than promised ,but I did get it and it looks like a good product. I've had the ice-olater and throttle body on for a month now and its O.K. I really won't know how good it is until I can get a tune. I sure wish Tracy was a little more forthcoming about not being able to take care of his customers. I am still waiting on my 200.00 core charge for my throttle body I purchased ,I did what was ask and returned it immediately and its now been over three weeks and haven't seen that money either. Well I will post my progress in finding a tune. But I should have stayed with Bad News Racing, but hindsight is 20/20
    Unfortunately, this is pretty status quo for Tracy. Hope you get your $ back. I could have sold you my Black iceolator for 100.00 shipped. It's in great shape. I bought it from Mike Norris and it arrived 3 days later. I liked it when I was NA but i just dont need it for my FI setup. And yeah my IM unfortunately was full of oil too after using the RX catchcan.

drarmament is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Is there catch can engineered better, than an oil/air separator?

GFCAT is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): None

Quote Originally Posted by drarmament View Post
    Is there catch can engineered better, than an oil/air separator?
    Elite is pretty effective.

drarmament is offline Cadillac Owners Member

The elite looks good. I guess I won't have to build one. On my SRT-4 I just built one. The home depot catch can. It worked perfect.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.