CTS Performance upgrades 3.6 DI - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Mods Discussion, CTS Performance upgrades 3.6 DI in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Originally Posted by drarmament The elite looks good. I guess I won't have to build one. On my SRT-4 I ...
    ztollon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by drarmament View Post
    The elite looks good. I guess I won't have to build one. On my SRT-4 I just built one. The home depot catch can. It worked perfect.
    Agreed. I bought a Mitsubishi catch can on ebay and moddified it with home depot materials. Works great for me, however keep in mind its damn near impossible to stop the oil all together. No matter the product after a certain amount of time there will be residue inside the motor. Just not as much as it could have.

waunakee wayne is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 cts-4

Re: CTS Performance upgrades 3.6 DI

Well two months later ,Karen finally refunded my 600.00 that was due to me from my Trifecta Tune and throttle body core charge.But have been thinking hard about where to go for my tune and I just got a bad taste in my mouth over my last dealings with getting the Trifecta tune.So I'm going the opposite direction and contacted Andy at KPE and went for the IPF tune. Talked with Andy and I'm convinced that thru my research and my need to get my power fix for my CTS I went for it. I will post how it feels and if the benefits I was looking for is there. (Like getting rid of the lagging around and getting to 6th gear as soon as it can) .I've got everything that I can do for my CTS-4 as far as bolt on"s, Air raid CAI, cat-back magnaflow exhaust, RX throttle body, Ice- olater, and now the tune, finally! I just hope it was all worth waiting for.

Well got the tune on my CTS , Andy at KPE set up my tune and I could immediately tell that my exhaust was a little more throatier. The install was easy and straight forward, the shift points are firmer and it does get up and go. Haven't raced anyone yet but I will pick out something out to compare it to (V8) .But at least now it feels like a performance luxury car and can somewhat back it up.It's been a long three months of searching for the right bolt-ons ,waiting for parts, and some frustration along the way(just read some of my threads) but I'm happy with the results and that's what matters. A shop that work on my tractor-trailers said he has a place I can take my car and Dyno it, I might just take him up on that in the near future and post some real info on performance but in the mean time I'm going to enjoy my ride.
    I want to thank the people in our forum that help in my decision making( posts), and if it wasn't for you all there wouldn't be a great forum like this one.

Ramv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Is the tune significantly better? I had one on my 5.9 l Dodge that required premium fuel and it was significantly better than stock. On my 8.1 Chevy I can't feel much difference. We have a '12 so no iceolater advantage. Just need to know if a tune is worth it or just save up for FI.

If they made an AWD V this would much easier!

Yes, only if they made a AWD -V .I would be at the dealer in a heartbeat. I have a 03 2500hd with an 8.1 and I got a tune from Nelson Performance in Texas and it unleashed the beast. I have headers dual exhaust, CAI, so on. But as far as this tune on my 3.6L CTS-4 , I can tell a difference in shift (firmer) right away,but give me a week or so and I will comment on the tune. Because it is pricey I don't want to jump the gun and say things that aren't accurate.So stay tuned.

Ramv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Good to know. I just have the Hypertexh on both vehicles now. Original on the Dodge was Kenne Bell but they don't make it anymore and my ECM died.

Might have to try the Nelson on my Chevy.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.