Slight pulsing vibration @ highway speeds? Any ideas?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Mods Discussion, Slight pulsing vibration @ highway speeds? Any ideas? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Just bought a CTS4 Premium in really nice shape from a dealer in PA (about 3 hrs away). 21k miles, ...
    TomFont is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS4 Premium

Slight pulsing vibration @ highway speeds? Any ideas?

Just bought a CTS4 Premium in really nice shape from a dealer in PA (about 3 hrs away). 21k miles, 19" wheel package and almost new Michelin Pilot tires. I feel a slight shimmy through the steering wheel around 60-70 mph. Had my local tire guy re-do balance and 4 wheel alignment but it's still there. Car has not been hit. Before I take it to a local dealer to be told it's my imagination, is this "normal"?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

WRXtranceformed is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Slight pulsing vibration @ highway speeds? Any ideas?

If you just had a balance / alignment it could be a bent wheel. Or sometimes if it is cold out and you haven't driven your car in a while, your car will develop a bit of a flat spot that you feel as a vibration at speed. It usually goes away when the tires warm up though.

TomFont is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS4 Premium

Thanks for your reply, but wouldn't a bent rim show up on balancing? Also it didn't go away after a long (1hr) ride in nice weather.

btlfedcts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Sedan, 2012 CTS Coupe

Check your rear differential for for a leak ... there have been a few know issues with these rear diffs having some issues. If the leak prevails you will get some vibration as the rear gear begin to loose lubrication. This is probably the most severe issue and least common but an easy check. Look for leakage around the axle stub to housing on either side.

Jagillac is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe
    After I changed my wheels I had a very small vibration too. I had it balanced and didn't help. I then wondered if the lugs where torqued correctly or not. I got the specification for my coupe. I retorqued to 140lbs and it was gone. I would suggest double check yours.

09CaddyCTS(VIB_FREE) is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS4

Post 722 in Re: Have We Solved The Steering Vibration On The Freeway? could be what you are feeling this fixed my 2009 cts4...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.