JDP CTS-V Stage 2 6-Piston Upgrade Package on CTS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Mods Discussion, JDP CTS-V Stage 2 6-Piston Upgrade Package on CTS in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Search, search and no find so I'll ask. Has anyone done the JDP CTS-V Stage 2 6-Piston (or any other) ...
    Mistercoffee2 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

JDP CTS-V Stage 2 6-Piston Upgrade Package on CTS

Search, search and no find so I'll ask. Has anyone done the JDP CTS-V Stage 2 6-Piston (or any other) brake Upgrade Package on their CTS. Below is email to/from JDP.

My question:

Is it possible to fit your CTS-V Stage2 brakes kit to a 2008 CTS sedan with 19" CTS-V wheels.

If not, what else will I need to change?

Reply:

Hi David,

The CTS-V package would be a direct bolt-on to your CTS. We can also leave the CTS-V silver with the logo if you'd like. Please feel free to call, email or PM me anytime with questions. I appreciate your interest in our products and have a great day!

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley | JDP Motorsports | President
    888-308-6007 Toll Free | 801-545-4215 Phone | 801-545-4217 Fax
    jordan@jdpmotorsports.com | www.jdpmotorsports.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

arw1510 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6, 2004 SRX 4.6 AWD, 2012 CTS 3.6 DI AWD
    Can I ask why you are doing this? Is it just for appearance? Since without the power, we don't really need brakes like that.

Re: JDP CTS-V Stage 2 6-Piston Upgrade Package on CTS

Sure you can ask. First, if it were just for appearance I would be in the wrong thread. LOL Second, I live in Texas where big is always better. LOL again.

Seriously, it will take my 3.6 longer to get to 100 MPH but when there, the V and my car have the same problem. Getting back to zero. if you think about it, having bigger brakes on a 4000# car can't be a bad thing. Are they worth the money? That depends on how much disposable money you have or what your priorities are for what you do have. (I guess if I had a lot of disposable money I would have bought a V to start with but that's on my bucket list)

They also look REALLY GOOD in red.

Has anyone done the mod? I'm saving my 380,000 pennies.

Ramv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Brakes are pretty decent stock but room for improvement. Sounds like a cool upgrade. I did the the GMPP upgrades on my Chevy but need a lot more.

Guyver280z is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe 6 Speed

I'm totally with you bro, you don't need a big engine to achieve enough speed to need better brakes, specially if you enjoy aggressive and/or sport driving (including autocross and track days). So if it can be done GO FOR IT!!! I wish it can be done so I can eventually upgrade my car as well!!!

arw1510 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6, 2004 SRX 4.6 AWD, 2012 CTS 3.6 DI AWD
    Gotcha I don't have enough roads without cops to where I can get higher than 85 for an extended period of time so it didn't really occur to be to be driving it that fast that often. But it sounds worth it for you

Quote Originally Posted by arw1510 View Post
    Gotcha I don't have enough roads without cops to where I can get higher than 85 for an extended period of time so it didn't really occur to be to be driving it that fast that often. But it sounds worth it for you
    Only 379,999 pennies to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Guyver280z View Post
    I'm totally with you bro, you don't need a big engine to achieve enough speed to need better brakes, specially if you enjoy aggressive and/or sport driving (including autocross and track days). So if it can be done GO FOR IT!!! I wish it can be done so I can eventually upgrade my car as well!!!
    I only wish someone who has done it would chime in.

is250sp is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe Premium RWD

Quote Originally Posted by Mistercoffee2 View Post
    Search, search and no find so I'll ask. Has anyone done the JDP CTS-V Stage 2 6-Piston (or any other) brake Upgrade Package on their CTS. Below is email to/from JDP.

My question:

Is it possible to fit your CTS-V Stage2 brakes kit to a 2008 CTS sedan with 19" CTS-V wheels.

If not, what else will I need to change?

Reply:

Hi David,

The CTS-V package would be a direct bolt-on to your CTS. We can also leave the CTS-V silver with the logo if you'd like. Please feel free to call, email or PM me anytime with questions. I appreciate your interest in our products and have a great day!

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley | JDP Motorsports | President
    888-308-6007 Toll Free | 801-545-4215 Phone | 801-545-4217 Fax
    jordan@jdpmotorsports.com | www.jdpmotorsports.com
    I am in the same boat as you. Been searching everywhere for this to no avail. So far my only option is a 9k Brembo aftermarket kit. That's just insane. I tried that jdpmotorsports link but once I am in and click on anything else, I get a "Oops! This link appears to be broken." Are you getting the same thing?

Quote Originally Posted by is250sp View Post
    I am in the same boat as you. Been searching everywhere for this to no avail. So far my only option is a 9k Brembo aftermarket kit. That's just insane. I tried that jdpmotorsports link but once I am in and click on anything else, I get a "Oops! This link appears to be broken." Are you getting the same thing?
    Yes, I have the same problem. I called JDP and they are aware of the issue and will have it up soon.

While they were on the phone they verified with Jordan Priestley that this is a bolt on kit on the CTS. You must have wheel clearance so verify that with the info on the site. I have 19's from the CTS-V Coupe and the stock brakes look like they came off a Smart Car.

This is a beautiful kit for a reasonable price.

Yes, I have the same problem. I called JDP and they are aware of the issue and will have it up soon.

While they were on the phone they verified with Jordan Priestley that this is a bolt on kit on the CTS. You must have wheel clearance so verify that with the info on the site. I have 19's from the CTS-V Coupe and the stock brakes look like they came off a Smart Car.

This is a beautiful kit for a reasonable price.
    what is the cost for this kit? does it include calipers and rotors? both front and back?

what is the cost for this kit? does it include calipers and rotors? both front and back?
    This is a complete, front and rear kit. The price depends on what you want, 4 or 6 piston front calipers, 1 or two piece front rotors and what pads. These are the same parts used by GM on the CTS-V, Camaro ZL1 and Corvette. The calipers are Brembo and you can get them with the V or Brembo decals. That's all I can remember. The site should be up soon. Search for their Stage 2 Kit.

I was going for the 6 piston caliper, 2 piece rotors up front and the standard 4 piston setup in the rear. Don't hold me to this but I think the price was around $3500.00. That's less then the Red (6 piston) calipers and 2 piece rotors and rear 4 piston and rotors only from GM Parts, no pads, lines, bolts...

I could save a lot by using the 1 piece rotor but I like the idea of being able to change to different disk with no worry of bolt pattern.

This is a complete, front and rear kit. The price depends on what you want, 4 or 6 piston front calipers, 1 or two piece front rotors and what pads. These are the same parts used by GM on the CTS-V, Camaro ZL1 and Corvette. The calipers are Brembo and you can get them with the V or Brembo decals. That's all I can remember. The site should be up soon. Search for their Stage 2 Kit.

I was going for the 6 piston caliper, 2 piece rotors up front and the standard 4 piston setup in the rear. Don't hold me to this but I think the price was around $3500.00. That's less then the Red (6 piston) calipers and 2 piece rotors and rear 4 piston and rotors only from GM Parts, no pads, lines, bolts...

I could save a lot by using the 1 piece rotor but I like the idea of being able to change to different disk with no worry of bolt pattern.
    This is awesome and a great affordable alternative. Are you planning to do this soon? Please do a write up!

This is awesome and a great affordable alternative. Are you planning to do this soon? Please do a write up!
    I will do a photo write up when I do it. Could be a couple of months. I still looking for a shop to flare my rear finders about 3/4" more for bigger tires on widened (11") CTS-V 19X10" wheels. Not enough offset for the sedan finders.

While you are waiting for the JDP site to come up, here is a link that shows the brakes being installed on a Camaro. It's the 6/4 piston, 2 piece rotor kit in silver with CTS-V logo. Remember, this was 2010 and it was done with GM available parts. I don't think the JDP kit was out then. But this is the kit I want but with Brembo logo and Red.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ghlight=brakes

So this means that the V bbk will fit the non-V right? I could save more money by buying used parts as we have a lot of auto junk yards here.

So this means that the V bbk will fit the non-V right? I could save more money by buying used parts as we have a lot of auto junk yards here.
    Nice if you can do it. Most big junk yards are connected with sone sort of "Junk R Us" network that allows then to find parts from around the country. I tried a few of them when I started getting hot for these brakes. No luck.

Good luck and let me know if you find two sets.

I talked to JDP again today and they can't say when the site will be up.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.