- 04-07-13 09:50 PM #1
Won't shift into sport or manual mode
Ok. So I probably did something stupid. I went to the power wash car wash and did the engine cleaner, then rinsed with water. Immediately after, the car won't shift into sport or manual mode. But runs fine in drive. Why? It's an 09 cts
- 04-07-13 11:33 PM #2Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
- Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6, 2004 SRX 4.6 AWD, 2012 CTS 3.6 DI AWD
- Join Date
- Oct 2008
Like you can't physically move the shifter to the right to engage it, or it doesn't do anything when you move it towards the right?
- 04-08-13 12:28 AM #3
- 04-08-13 12:31 AM #4
Bad shifter. Needs replaced.
- 04-08-13 02:45 AM #5Cadillac Owners Member
- Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Sedan, 2012 CTS Coupe, 2015 ATS Coupe
- Join Date
- Jul 2011
- California, USA
Re: Won't shift into sport or manual mode
Sounds like you shorted out a harness / sensor from the console to the PCM / TCM. You really shouldn't be pressure washing anything under the hood. None of the weathertite connectors are made for high pressure water exposure.
Highly recommend you NOT mention the pressure washing when you take it in for dealer service if its under warranty.
+ Reply to Thread
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts
- O'Reilly Chemicals - Synthetic DOT 3 Brake Fluid
Synthetic DOT 3 Brake Fluid - Heavy Duty High Temp Formula; For ABS Disc & Drum Brakes; 1 Quart
- PowerTorque Tools - Pliers
Pliers - 7 Inch; LockMore on PowerTorque Tools - Pliers
- PowerTorque Tools - Ratchet Handle & Socket Set
Ratchet Handle & Socket Set - 14 Piece; 1/4" Drive Ratchet Handle & Metric Socket Set