Magnaflow exhaust owners
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Mods Discussion, Magnaflow exhaust owners in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Hi guys. I'm looking for any ontario cts owners that have a magnaflow exhaust on their cars. I want to ...
    Jagillac is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe

Magnaflow exhaust owners

Hi guys. I'm looking for any ontario cts owners that have a magnaflow exhaust on their cars. I want to buy one for my coupe but would really like to hear it in person first. Thanks

Also I'm in southern ontario so if anyone in bordering states want to let me come check out their cars that would be great too.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

gr8fred1@rcn.com is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cts

Re: Magnaflow exhaust owners

yo jagillac i installed the magnaflow 15136 exhaust kit. It is to loud, droany, i put it on thursday took it off friday. a waste of effin money. also i am very hard of hearing. Those performance are made for muscle cars .

Really! That sucks it sounds good online. I really was hoping to get it.

X E Ryder is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe, Premium, Touring
    Oh No! It had Drone? Damn that is the main reason to not just go to a muffler shop - avoiding cruise drone. So it was annoying loud all the time?

Thanks for the heads up.

mikesul is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T manual Thunder Gray

I also have the Magnaflow catback exhaust on my coupe and I like the sound. I don't notice the drone much at all. At WOT it sounds terrific!

Quote Originally Posted by mikesul
    I also have the Magnaflow catback exhaust on my coupe and I like the sound. I don't notice the drone much at all. At WOT it sounds terrific!
    I wish you lived near by! I want it on my coupe and want to make the call for my self! I know everyone has different tastes and ideas of what they want.

futurectsbuyer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none yet

what exactly is drone? Is that you can hear the muffler in the car? If so won't all cars ahve that? How do you eliminate it? I have magnaflow mufflers only and I can hear them, but I could hear the factory one as well. This one just a little deeper.

Quote Originally Posted by futurectsbuyer View Post
    what exactly is drone? Is that you can hear the muffler in the car? If so won't all cars ahve that? How do you eliminate it? I have magnaflow mufflers only and I can hear them, but I could hear the factory one as well. This one just a little deeper.
    The Dreaded DRONE is when you have a system that sounds great when you stand on it, but when you are cruising around town or the highway it has this horrendous resonant sound frequency that buzzes/basses you out, loud enough you to have to raise your voice in the car to talk to a passenger.

eborunda is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    I have magnaflow on my sedan, theres a little sound that gets into the cabin at low RPMs nothing that bugs me, i love the sound, it sound like a real car also when you punch the gas it sounds amazing. Go for it you will not regret it. I deffenetly have no issues wispering in the car. One more thingyou can only hear the drone at very low speed ( while the car is in 1st gear) once it shifts to 2nd the drone is gone !!!!!

Cool Sounds Good - Video Please!

OK so I see we have replies from 2 Coupe owners and 1 Sedan owner saying Aye!

There is one reply saying he pulled it in 2 days - but no indication of which body style.

What we need now, is any one of you happy Magnaflow Owners to take video with: Idle, Rev, Inside Cabin, and Drive By; video on you tube and post us the link! PLEASE!

Thanks for the replies!

gr8fred1@rcn.com is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cts

i installed the 15136 magnaflow cat back system on thursday took them off friday . 2011 cts awd 3.0. sedan. bad drone didn't think it would be that loud with the 3.0. you need to hear it on the car not sound clips.

That's why I am praying there is someone within driving distance of me so I can go check out their car!!

Is there really no one around here with it?

ajazolino is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS
    Where is here?

Quote Originally Posted by ajazolino
    Where is here?
    I live around Hamilton, Ontario. But I would honestly drive anywhere with-in driving distance to see one on cts.

Cool Incoming Borla 11824 - Will Post Vid

Hey man,

I went with the Borla 11824 rear section.

Soon as it is on I will get some video clips for you, and maybe some sound bits with my Tascam audio recorder for better quality.

Borla guaranteed it would not drone, have a docile idle and cruise, but rip on hard acceleration - system is classed as "touring"

More to come.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.