Cadillac Owners Forum banner

E85

4K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Michael_atDell 
#1 ·
Anyone know the ratio of E85 and gas for the DI engine without needing a tune?

#3 ·
Anything in your '08 manual?

I don't see anything good coming with E85. Nothing except money going to Brazil. What a waste of food. If we could process wasted vegetation, then that may make it a different story.

#4 ·
It isn't wise to mix ANY percent of it. The stoic ratio of the fuel changes dramatically and would be WAY to lean at wide open. The calibration is not setup to detect percentages of alcohol and is set to be safe only to about 10%13% ethanol blend. Which is what you get out of the pump already.

Octane rating does go up but fuel requirements from the % go up as well, so less gas mileage.

#5 ·
Not to mention the damage that can be done by the higher alcohol % in the fuel. Not everything in the fuel system is tolerant of the higher amount of alcohol. This is why we want to stop the E15 (15% alcohol) that the fed is pressing for. Nothing but bad going higher than what you currently get out of the pump.

#6 ·
Re: E85 - Say NO to Alcohol

Alcohol is absolutely HORRID for anything rubber - seals o-rings hose you name it.

#9 ·
BNRacing said:
We can adjust your tune for E85- we've got a few 2012 Camaro 3.6 owners running it. All fuel systems that are in the newer GM cars are E85 capable but the engines are not without a different calibration, which is why it doesn't come flex-fuel ready.
Right, you've confirmed that for me before. My question is what is the maximum ratio of E85 to gasoline? For example, can I run half E85 and half gas without needing to alter my tune?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.