Borla exhaust in a coupe?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Mods Discussion, Borla exhaust in a coupe? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I am looking into putting a new exhaust on my 2011 coupe. I know magnaflow has a nice cat-back system ...
    Jagillac is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe

Borla exhaust in a coupe?

I am looking into putting a new exhaust on my 2011 coupe. I know magnaflow has a nice cat-back system for the 3.6 cts and iv seen videos to hear it. I saw the borla system but haven't been able to find any video or sound clip of it on the car. Does anyone have it that can share a sound clip of it or share their thoughts on it. I would greatly appreciate it. Also if anyone has any other products I should look at let me know. I would welcome any and all the help

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

mikesul is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T manual Thunder Gray

Re: Borla exhaust in a coupe?

As far as I know only Magnaflow makes a catback system for the coupe. I have one and am very satisfied with the sound, both WOT and cruising. My wish list is for a set of LT headers w/hiflow cats.

They do have it for the coupe. It is more of a rear end only unit. But I was hoping to hear it. At cruising speeds does it sound much different from the stock?

bronik90 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe - 3.6l DI AWD

Re: Borla exhaust in a coupe?

Anyone have ANY idea if a system exists for the AWD coupe? And what about headers? I've done the research, and it doesn't seem as though anyone has pulled the trigger and tried the camaro LT headers.

Quote Originally Posted by bronik90
    Anyone have ANY idea if a system exists for the AWD coupe? And what about headers? I've done the research, and it doesn't seem as though anyone has pulled the trigger and tried the camaro LT headers.
    From what I see on borla's site their system will fit an awd as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jagillac View Post

From what I see on borla's site their system will fit an awd as well.
    Well, you are most definitely correct. That's good to know. But fyi, just from what I've heard around the forums, the Borla kit doesn't seem to provide that deep throaty sound most of us want. Can't say I've heard one in person, but others have.

Quote Originally Posted by bronik90

Well, you are most definitely correct. That's good to know. But fyi, just from what I've heard around the forums, the Borla kit doesn't seem to provide that deep throaty sound most of us want. Can't say I've heard one in person, but others have.
    Nor have I. I can't justify spending that much without knowing what it will sound like.

Quote Originally Posted by Jagillac View Post

Nor have I. I can't justify spending that much without knowing what it will sound like.
    Agreed. I heard a magnaflow kit on a 2006 CTS, and it sounded absolutely amazing. Different car, I know, but I wonder if there would be any significant difference in tone between the two engines.

Also, there is a guy in my area who does great stainless exhaust work at affordable prices, and I was wondering (if at all possible) if a 3" exhaust would aid in achieving a deeper tone. i was going to have him bend a full system. Obviously the exhaust wouldn't be dyno'd first, I'm focusing more on the sound.

I'm not very educated on exhausts, so any input would be appreciated.

X E Ryder is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe, Premium, Touring

Cool The dreaded drone

I think the concern is Drone - Magnaflow took the time to engineer a system that would not drone. This is why there is a resonator up near the motor. I've seen complaints of people putting custom muffler work on coupes and later pulling it because the drone at cruise was bad.

I would trust the Magnaflow only at this point. Borla is often pretty high up the volume scale - guessing the half system drones - anyone have one that can verify?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.