UPDATE: Pic url's have been corrected. Let me know if there are problems viewing the pics now.
I finally got around to installing my catch can today. For those interested, here's the install and pics of what I did.
I started by removing the engine cover, the left and right engine bay covers, and removed the strut tower brace. I then removed the 8 10mm bolts and the 4 13mm bolts holding the upper intake cover on. I had previously opened the intake and cleaned out the collected oil in the intake. Upon opening the intake again, I find the intake looks like it did just a couple thousand miles ago. It looks like I never touched it. These pics show the oil after just a couple thousand miles.
Oil on upper intake cover
Oil in intake (1)
Oil in intake (2)
Oil in intake (3)
I also removed the hose connected to the throttle body and found some oil there too.
Oil in throttle body
So I again cleaned up everything and closed up the intake.
Clean upper intake cover
Clean intake (1)
Clean intake (2)
Clean throttle body
I then removed the hose that goes from the passenger side cover to the intake. It's a rigid line with a little bit of give to it. Here you can see the part that attaches to the cover. I'm going to cut it midway to allow hooking the provided hose to the catch can.
Line before cut
This picture shows where I made the cut. The looming is a solid loom, so before cutting, I decided how much looming I wanted to remove, cut the loom to separate it into 2 pieces, then carefully split the solid looming so I could remove it. Once removed, I cut the solid line as shown here.
Next I assembled the bracket to the catch can with the bolts and washers provided. I used the lower 2 holes in the can bracket and adjusted the bracket to go as low as it would go when using these 2 holes. I then attached the bracket to one of the two 10mm bolts at the firewall near where the heated washer unit used to be. (Gotta get that replacement someday.) I attached the provided hose the the line, and then reinstalled the line to the intake. This allowed me to measure the length of hose needed to reach the outlet port of the catch can and I connected the hose to the outlet. I then attached another piece of hose the the piece that goes to the passenger cover. I reattached the fitting to the passenger cover and measured the hose to attach to the inlet port on the catch can. I attached the hose to the inlet port on the catch can and I'm basically ready to button things up.
Catch Can attached to firewall
Close-up of connected hoses
View from top looking down
View from the shock tower
OK, everything all buttoned up and ready to go.
Finished view from above
View from the passenger side
I think this install is pretty clean. From the front of the car, you don't notice anything changed since there is nothing installed up by the drive belts. The can is only visible at the rear of the engine compartment.
I took my time and did this in just less than 2 hours. Now I need to figure out how I'm gonna clean the intake valves.