Lowering my CTS Coupe AWD!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Mods Discussion, Lowering my CTS Coupe AWD! in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; So I just traded in my 08 CTS for a 2011 AWD coupe. Unfortunately, as most of you AWD coupe ...
    bronik90 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe - 3.6l DI AWD

Red face Lowering my CTS Coupe AWD!

So I just traded in my 08 CTS for a 2011 AWD coupe. Unfortunately, as most of you AWD coupe owners know, there isn't much selection when it comes to aftermarket parts for the car. I want to lower my car, but I have a few questions.

I found the Eibach pro springs specifically for the car (38147.140), but I wanted to know if there were any other brands available (possibly with a little bit more drop), and should I replace the shocks??? It only has 22,000 miles on it, and I am not looking to seriously race an AWD CTS. But I figured new shocks may not be a bad idea, and if not, which ones. I still consider myself to be a newb, so that's why I come here haha.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Bump

X E Ryder is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe, Premium, Touring
    I'm theorizing here but I hope you'll prefer that to no answer at all...

Lowering an AWD is definitely going to be a far less traveled road than rwd cars.

The front suspension would have the most significant differences, but the springs do reside up on the top of the struts so in theory you could use other springs.

I would be most concerned about the the CV joints operating at much higher negative angles all the time.

I can't be the only one wondering why you want to lower an AWD - it might help to know what you plan to do with the car or is it strictly aesthetics?

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by X E Ryder View Post
    I'm theorizing here but I hope you'll prefer that to no answer at all...

Lowering an AWD is definitely going to be a far less traveled road than rwd cars.

The front suspension would have the most significant differences, but the springs do reside up on the top of the struts so in theory you could use other springs.

I would be most concerned about the the CV joints operating at much higher negative angles all the time.

I can't be the only one wondering why you want to lower an AWD - it might help to know what you plan to do with the car or is it strictly aesthetics?

Cheers!
    Strictly aesthetics. Not looking for any performance advantages. The Eibach kit (item # in original post) is apparently just a prototype and shouldn't even be on store websites. Turns out the demand is super low, it's still in R&D, and isn't expected to hit shelves til April 2013.

I just wasn't sure if anyone knew of other brands possibly manufacturing a set. I definitely can't be the first one wanting to lower an AWD coupe.

HurstGN is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony

Re: Lowering my CTS Coupe AWD!

PM SLICKNICK54, he was looking at springs from H&R, but apparently those aren't for an AWD. Maybe he has found something in his looking.

Quote Originally Posted by HurstGN View Post
    PM SLICKNICK54, he was looking at springs from H&R, but apparently those aren't for an AWD. Maybe he has found something in his looking.
    Thanks! Will do. So far, I've researched for hours and hours with absolutely zero luck lol.

I guess the demand doesn't exist, so companies aren't risking the money to start full production.

*CTS* is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 10 CTS Wagon

I just purchased a 10 AWD CTS Wagon and also plan on lowering it. Definately want more of a drop than the Eibach springs offer

MD_Coupe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS4 Coupe Premium 11 MPG COMBINED...No Fix
    Well you aren't gonna get any drop at all unless you cut the springs since no one has an application for awd. Eibach scrapped the prototype and has no plans to start over.

leroy_ctscoupe is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS Coupe

Just purchased my 2012 CTS Coupe AWD. Looking to lower it as well.. Anyone do this before? Tips? Thoughts? Thanks, Leroy

Karlvein song is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 blue cts coupe awd

Quote Originally Posted by leroy_ctscoupe View Post
    Just purchased my 2012 CTS Coupe AWD. Looking to lower it as well.. Anyone do this before? Tips? Thoughts? Thanks, Leroy
    same here.. i want to change sway bars as well.. can anybody provide some info pleeeeeseeee

Wolfster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS4 3.6DI

amazing! Everyone I know thinks the car is already low enough in front.
    With an AWD like I have myself anything more than 6" of snow and you're already in trouble.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.