experiencing gradual power loss and worst mpg
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Mods Discussion, experiencing gradual power loss and worst mpg in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Beginning to notice a gradual loss in power and poorer MPG. We all know that a new timing chain is ...
    jovi440 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS

experiencing gradual power loss and worst mpg

Beginning to notice a gradual loss in power and poorer MPG. We all know that a new timing chain is in my future,but no codes have be thrown yet. My car is an 08 with 22,000 miles. Sure wish it would pop a code before I take my little 2500 mile trip in november, would hate having to get a timing chain replacement while on road. Maybe I should drive the car more often than I do now and maybe a tad more aggressive, may do the trick.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ztollon is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Try a fuel injection cleaning if that doesn't work then the timing chain. Its a lot cheaper and would benifit the vehical anyways

ajazolino is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS
    Actually, check your oil. Low oil will make the car sluggish, one of my pistons actually froze up and used a lot of my oil and blew my engine at 39k miles

arw1510 is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6, 2004 SRX 4.6 AWD, 2012 CTS 3.6 DI AWD

Re: experiencing gradual power loss and worst mpg

Quote Originally Posted by jovi440 View Post
    Beginning to notice a gradual loss in power and poorer MPG. We all know that a new timing chain is in my future,but no codes have be thrown yet. My car is an 08 with 22,000 miles. Sure wish it would pop a code before I take my little 2500 mile trip in november, would hate having to get a timing chain replacement while on road. Maybe I should drive the car more often than I do now and maybe a tad more aggressive, may do the trick.

Wow, such low miles and already considering timing chain replacement? I have a 2012 cts and I already have 15,000 miles on it. also have a 04 with 155000 miles on it and dont plan on touching the timing chain on either.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.