Catch Can Install - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Mods Discussion, Catch Can Install in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Just joined the forum to hopefully share some information and get some information on a potential wagon purchase. I just ...
    SMKNTRLS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 91 Corvette

Re: Catch Can Install

Just joined the forum to hopefully share some information and get some information on a potential wagon purchase.

I just wanted to alert everyone doing this mod that when you go to get your smog check, I'm assuming any state that does them, you will fail for a modified PCV valve. So I wouldn't suggest cutting your original line I'd buy an extra one and mod that if the kit your using doesn't have it already for you.

Smkntrls
    D VADER and D VADER like this.

arw1510 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6, 2004 SRX 4.6 AWD, 2012 CTS 3.6 DI AWD
    Quote Originally Posted by SMKNTRLS
    Just joined the forum to hopefully share some information and get some information on a potential wagon purchase.

I just wanted to alert everyone doing this mod that when you go to get your smog check, I'm assuming any state that does them, you will fail for a modified PCV valve. So I wouldn't suggest cutting your original line I'd buy an extra one and mod that if the kit your using doesn't have it already for you.

Smkntrls
    I've had no trouble passing inspections here in ny with one

Wayne's World is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

I have been thinking about installing a catch can but I'm obsessed with keeping my vehicles original or at least not doing anything that can't be reversed. I was hoping there was some way to remove the PVC hose & substitute it with the catch can hoses but that doesn't seem to be possible. I hate to cut the PVC hose without having a replacement but I haven't been able to locate it online. Does anyone know the number or where I could find it? Does the hose come with a PVC valve? They seem to be molded together. Thanks!

SC2150 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS

You can get a replacement stock line, but the RX can with integrated valve has never been not passed in an inspection, and there are over 12,000 of them in use over the past 9-10 years and no customer has ever told us they did not pass. But its possible with the cheap ones.

To order, call direct: 941-721-1826

----------

Here is a Email we recently received from a CTS owner:

Hey Tracy, Just wanted to thank you, and everyone at RevXtreme. I bought a catch can from you, for my 2005 CTS. Well since installing it i'm not consuming any oil anymore. I've had a close eye on the oil level since i have installed it and it hasn't used a drop. I don't know how or what that catch can has done to prevent the oil consumption. (I've read your tech tips article and understand the concept of how a catch can work.) I guess i am just baffeled that it something so simple like that could work.

Anyway just wanted to thank you. I was at my last wits end with this car and was about to put it back on the market, after the dealer replaced two motors under warrenty.

I'll be purchasing another catch can from you in the future. I have a 2000 Camaro SS that is getting a turbo as we speak, as a fun project street car.

But thanks again. It was definetly worth the wait.

Gabe Moulden
    RX Performance Products/RevXtreme.com 941-721-1826

Thanks for the reply, SC2150. I'm not worried about passing inspection, I just have an unnatural hang-up about altering anything. I think the first emissions test isn't for five or six years in NJ & I don't keep a car that long. I'll probably order a catch can as soon as I deside how I want to mount it, which could take a while.

Bandit1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS 3.6DI

SC2150-Sent you a PM.

Bandit1, if you are referring to me could you tell me how to access it. I'm not too smart & I don't know anything about PMs. Thanks!

Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne's World View Post
    Bandit1, if you are referring to me could you tell me how to access it. I'm not too smart & I don't know anything about PMs. Thanks!
    Wayne's World,

From another oldie, Bandit was saying he sent a PM (private Message) to Gabe at SRX. You can send a private message by clicking on the author's name in a post and choosing to send them a PM (this option has to be set up in profile). Hope this helps! Marv

Thanks for clearing that up for me, Tbbt. I misunderstood his post but I should have known that he wouldn't have any way of knowing I had a message. I think. I said I wasn't too smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne's World View Post
    Wayne's World--My post was directed at "SC2150" (RX Performance) letting him know that I had sent him a PM (Private Message). Sometimes they receive a ping from a thread posting before noticing a PM notification. He received it and we connected. Tbbt beat me to it and was kind enough to explain the forum tech stuff...Thanks Tbbt.

SC2150--PayPal payment sent. Thanks

SC2150 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS

I just saw my PM box was full as well.
    RX Performance Products/RevXtreme.com 941-721-1826

denny2000 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS 3.6 DI AWD Red

SC2150 - What is the difference between the single and dual check valve catch cans? The web site seems to have the same description for both models.
    Is the dual check valve just for forced induction? Or does it just have two check valve to catch more oil?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post

I just saw my PM box was full as well.
    SC2150--Sent you a PM and an e-mail for order status inquiry. Let me know ASAP please.

monogram124 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Hey everyone. Just installed my RX catch can & had a question. I searched for an answer with no avail. Is the drain valve supposed to be all the way up (fully screwed) or all the way down (fully unscrewed)? It came out of the box all the way unscrewed. Thanks for any help

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.