Catch Can Install - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Mods Discussion, Catch Can Install in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; ...
    jbelot is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS

Re: Catch Can Install

Hello,

I have installed my catch can and breather cap on my 2009 CTS4 3.6 DI. The catch can went in super easy. I mounted mine on the lower side of the cover bracket and used a spacer on the snap pin so I could lower the can enough so I did not have to trim the cover. It would be nice if that mounting bracket was a half inch longer, I will post a picture this weekend. I am having a little problem with the breather cap. It is to tall and hits the hoods shielding. What have others done in this case? Cut the hood shielding? I can’t see another alternative in this situation unless there is a shallower breather cap.

Other than the breather cap this install was a snap. I looked at it for maybe twenty minutes including unpacking the box and reading the instructions, the install took another 20 min. Two wrenches and a cutter is all you need. I will be cleaning the plenum this weekend and I will get a couple of pictures then.

Cheers

Hey SC2150. I did the catch can on my 09 CTS4 3.6. I also own a 2005 CTS 3.6. This one consumes oil very well from new. Is this the same principal as the DI motor or is this a differant issue.

SC2150 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS

Yes. Same principal with all engines. The port injection though will not have nearly the valve gunk build up the DI motors have if you run a top tier gasoline as it prevent deposits from forming.

On the hood liner.....that is an issue we have not seen but is real for sure it appears on the caddy's.

Without the iceolator there should be clearance, and the caps we use to make these are a low profile. You could do a remote mount breather as well.......let us know and we will exchange it for you but keep us posted on ideas you have.

tinman is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

jbelot, I might be able to fabricate a stainless steel bracket for you. PM me.

Thanks tinman for the offer but I’m pretty happy with the way this catch can installed, just a suggestion to lengthen the bracket. My son is a welder so if it doesn’t work out in the long run I will get him to hammer out a bracket.

Cheers!

You're welcome.

jimtreber is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by jbelot View Post
    Hello,

I am having a little problem with the breather cap. It is to tall and hits the hoods shielding. What have others done in this case? Cut the hood shielding? I can’t see another alternative in this situation unless there is a shallower breather cap.

Cheers

I am relieved that I am not the only one with this problem. I had all kinds of things going through my mind like a broken motor mount or bent frame. I got an email from Tracy today who is working on a solution.

I am hoping to trim a small piece out of the hood liner, I don’t want to but it may be the only way to use the breather. It is looking like the liner is very thin in that exact spot so cutting that small piece might not be enough. I hope the hood liner is easy to remove so I can test it before I cut.

I need assistance. I installed the catch can and went to clean out the plenum this weekend. I cannot access the two front bolts directly under the stabilizing plate/bar. What tool did you guys use to access these two bolts? I cannot get a wrench on it. Socket fits but no way will it with a ratchet. HELP!

HurstGN is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony

Remove the bar first.

That's what I thought. I was hoping for a super cool tool. I am lazy and didn't want to lift the car to get to the underside bolt. Oh well, I have not been under this car yet, time to get a good look. Too bad I had the oil changed by the dealer a couple of weeks ago. Thanks for the reply. I will have to wait until next weekend.

arw1510 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6, 2004 SRX 4.6 AWD, 2012 CTS 3.6 DI AWD

any one have any pictures of it installed on the LFX engine? or for that matter, any toher mods for the 2012 or 13 model year?

There are quite a few excellent threads about the RX catch can and the Trifecta tune. Good stuff.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.