Catch Can Install - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Mods Discussion, Catch Can Install in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; PS you should get the AIRAID intake itll look great with the can and breather...
    pote87 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS 4

Re: Catch Can Install

PS you should get the AIRAID intake itll look great with the can and breather

ncscons is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS 3.6 AWD

The Airraid is next on the agenda! I'm going to put the RX spacer on also but that'll probably wait until next spring.

I got the TB direct from RX Performance (SC2150 on the forums). If you're thinking about it stop thinking and pull the trigger - it's well worth it, specially if you have an AWD CTS. Power under 2500 rpms is actually usable now and the torque delivery is so much more linear from idle all the way to redline. After a tad over 3000 kms with the new TB i'm also seeing about a 2 mpg increase in fuel economy, which is an added bonus!
    Jay & Dani's CTS4 likes this.

SC2150 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS

Excellent ncscons.

This has probably been the hardest forum to be a vendor on as far as the attacks and rudness & I have about given up. These are the results we want to see. Those that have tried the products and can document they do as advertised.

sorry to do this but sc2150 how can I contact you? it won't let me dm you

Call direct: 941-721-1826 or email: RXProducts@aol.com

ncscons is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS 3.6 AWD

Don't give up on us SC! There's at least one goof in every crowd - best bet is to just ignore 'em
    bluefleetwood likes this.

Thats guys.

We and Mace in Australia (who we work close with) are two of the few companies developing performance parts for these motors (as well as we have developed and manufactured V8 parts for the past 10 plus years) and there are more in the works we will release as we prove they do as designed.

jpsomnermd is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe 3.6 Performance

Just installed the catch can and throttle body from RX Performance. Both very simple and straightforward. Catch can is of high quality, fitment is well engineered and the instructions were right on. Ported throttle body well worth the investment. Highly recommended as I am very pleased with the products, installation and especially the customer service.

Here is a 3.6 DI that has had the RX catchcan system on since a few thousand miles....(7k miles ago). No oil in the intake, and almost zero build up on the intake valves. Its in getting heads and cams and tune:

Wag-O-Neer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-4 Wagon Premium 3.6 w/FE2
    I've been M.I.A. for a bit, but I felt compelled to check back in on this catch can subject. My wife has put about 6-7k miles on the car since installing the RX catch can. Consumption was an additional qt and half over that time.

I changed the oil yesterday and drained the can. I was shocked to see about 5-6 oz of oil come pouring out. I can't thank Tracy enough for the education he's given me on this engine, and my 3.6 DI intake manifold thanks him too.

The next oil change, I'm gonna make a video, so those that are on the fence can make a more informed decision. Running without a catch can on this engine, is a disaster waiting to happen at some point. Unless you frequently do an upper intake cleaning, get a can folks.

Thanks man.

The problem w/too many upper induction cleanings is everytime you break the deposits loose some do get pulled between the piston and cylinder walls causing minor scouring and over time that will increase oil useage and blow by.

cubbie641 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 cts awd

is this for the di engine only?

jimtreber is offline Cadillac Owners Member

It doesn't look like my 08 has as much room to play with in front as the 2011. And not wanting to restrict air flow, I went to the rear of the right wheel well and had plenty of room for my catch can install.

DSC00720.jpg
    DMill likes this.

Nice set up jimtrebo! Do you happen to have the 08 3.6L non di? I am waiting on both the tb and catch can as well.

jimtreber is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by pote87 View Post
    Nice set up jimtrebo! Do you happen to have the 08 3.6L non di? I am waiting on both the tb and catch can as well.
    No, I have DI AWD.
    I learned a difference recently when I bought intake manifold gaskets. Naturally, I bought the wrong ones. If anyone needs a set for the non DI, I have a new set cheap.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.