VMax ported TB
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Mods Discussion, VMax ported TB in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Put me down as another fan of RX's VMax ported throttle body for our CTS 3.6 motor! The install took ...
    ncscons is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS 3.6 AWD

VMax ported TB

Put me down as another fan of RX's VMax ported throttle body for our CTS 3.6 motor! The install took about 15-20 minutes in the underground parking garage of my condo and right off the bat I could feel a difference driving up the ramps at low RPMs to get out of the garage. Driving around town it's easy to notice the difference in part-throttle response and the car feels so much smoother accelerating from a stop. It also reduces that surge you feel around 4000 rpms. It's still there, but not nearly as noticeable. Power is now much smoother from a standstill right up to redline.

Overall for $150+shipping both ways (to send your core back)+15 minutes I'm definitely happy with it and would do it again in a heartbeat! My car is still a lot more 'show' than 'go' and needs more (and/or less, depending on how you look at it) but as a starting point the throttle body is well worth the money and time.

Being a fairly new car I was worried about voiding the warranty so I spoke with the service manager at the dealership and he said bolt-on parts rarely result in a warranty denial. The warranty would only be denied if an aftermarket part fails and causes other failures. He said the only exception is flashing the ECM - if you modify the computer then have a failure they may deny the warranty. Kind makes sense I suppose...

The only tools you need are a 10mm socket (w/extension) and a flat head screwdriver. Then you:

- Pop the hood, remove the oil cap, remove the engine cover, put the oil cap back on.

- Disconnect the air hose. You only really need to disconnect it at the throttle body but it's easier to disconnect it at both the throttle body and the air sensor and get it out of the way. No need to disconnect the fresh air line.

- Pull the four bolts on the stock throttle body. Watch the lower passenger side bolt because it also holds a bracket. You can just let the bracket hang because it isn't going anywhere.

- Disconnect the wiring harness and take out the existing throttle body. While the stock TB is off it's a good idea to reach in with a clean rag and clean out as much oil as you can (there will be oil in there).

- Connect the harness to the new throttle body, line up the gasket and the bracket, then bolt her on.

- Reconnect the air hose, take the oil cap off, put the engine cover back on, and screw the oil cap back on.

It really is that easy! 15 minutes start to finish, or maybe 30 tops if you have to fiddle with the bolts. My car is otherwise completely stock, and 10 years living in a condo with a 'no working on cars in the garage' rule means I haven't wrenched on a car in at least that long and probably longer. If you've never wrenched before this would be a perfect first mod because it's so easy and it's hard to screw up.

P.S. No relation to RX Performance, just a happy customer and real happy someone has finally stepped up with some bolt-ons for our cars. I've always thought the AWD CTS can hang with just about anything on the road in terms of style, but is one of the slower cars in it's class. I can't say whether this mod made the car faster overall but it does make the car feel quicker driving around town at lower RPMs. Next up is the catch can and breather kit, then a CAI and the
    iceolator seems like the way to go.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

austin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ~2011 CTS-V Coupe & 2013 SRX~
    What year is your car?? I am seeing good reviews for 2011 V6 models but none for the redesigned 2012 V6? Is there one for the 2012?

SC2150 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS

Re: VMax ported TB

After 60-90 miles the ECU will have adapted to the new airflow and you will really like it. Fuel economy will increase anywhere from 1-3mpg (some customers claim more, but in our testing we only see 1-3) as long as your not putting your foot in it more with the new off idle response and the dead spot elimination.

Were still app. 30 days from releasing the LFX.....the testing so far exceeded the LLT version by a decent margin, but until the final custs are made and the CNC program tweaked and we have final before and after dyno#'s we are only taking preorders for the first 20....and only 6 slots are left out of that.

The iceolator will give you a solid 20rwhp and 25-28 rwtq on top of the CNC tb........a little more involved installation, but for $150 and no cores, to date it is the biggest gain for the $ out of any of our LY7, LLT, or LFX products.

krazienluv10 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

is the LLT ported throttle body still in test phase? how much longer before the final product comes out? im interested...

LLT has been available for app a year now, in stock ready to ship.

We just completed the LFX version and here are the results:

LFX owners, final testing results and product release.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It has been 3 long months of the LFX world waiting for the fianl testing to be completed and the CNC tweaks to be finished so the VMax CNC ported throttle body can be released.

We saw 2 months ago with the intial testing that the gains and off idle throttle response were exceeding the LLT version, but the final pattern has taken all this time to be perfected and here are the before and after dyno results.

This is on a bone stock car, with only a cold air intake. No tune, no exhaust, just the swap.

There were 3 runs done prior (not using the runs from 3 months ago as the weather conditions have changed drastically here in FL), and 3 runns after, then the same temps and DA conditions were set as a base and back to before and after runs.

Mike Norris in Indianapolis will be the next shop to test on a different stock LFX car, different elevation, and different dyno. Then out to JDP motorsports in Utah as a 3rd to get as much of a differance in the climate and elevation the country has to offer.

Here is the finished product (this is NOT interchangable with a LLT, only the LFX).

And the dyno graph done at Kesatie Motorsports in Sarasota, FL.

While peak gains are impressive with a solid 9 rwhp, and 5 rwtq, between 1200 & 2400 RPM on the street driveability tests the dead spot is completely eliminated and we saw over 20 rwtq from the hit and that is where this thing shines.

The car it was tested on is an auto trans, and it can smoke the tires at will in the testing where before would only do this if power braking to begin the spin.

We still saw a slight amount of timing pulled due to spark knock over 6k RPM, but a tune should address that, and with any mod that increases airflow & velocity, a tune should show even more.

Stay tuned as the other shops and customers recieving these do their own independant testing, but the product is offically released and available.
    This final test exceeded any of our expectations......cant believe the tq right from the hit.....amazing mod.

To order, PayPal: RXProducts@aol.com $150 plus $15 S&H and a refundable core charge.

I think all pre-order slots are spoken for, but we will ship as soon as we get more cores back and we will purchase more.

We had app $4,000 tied up for the past 4 months with this so it was a hard wait, but well worth it.

(I cant help but to add this, the tq right from the hit was app. 30 ft lbs gain.....the BS callers will surely step in the throw cold water on this, but we were all amazed and had no idea we would see this...and until the others test it independantly, were going to assume it didn't happen.....but man, the change is amazing).

escott76 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 cadillac cts
    I know this thread is a little old but do you make the ported throttle body for the Ly7? My exact model year is a 2007.

We do not yet as the connector is different but it is in the works. Expect 2 months or so for the release.

escott76 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 cadillac cts
    Ok sounds good! I will be patiently waiting for one! Actually I will be chomping at the bit! Should it be around the same price point as the ones in production now?

ajheiman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS DI Black Raven, D3 Intake

Tracy,

When can I expect my TB? I am Order #149 (09/10/2012)

Thanks

Shipped the 16th....will get you the tracking#

ajheiman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS DI Black Raven, D3 Intake

It's in! Thanks! I'll be putting it on tonight!

Crippler is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 cts premium
    Curious on your thoughts , did you like the results ?

Crippler is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 cts premium
    What other mods have you done to your caddy ?

austin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ~2011 CTS-V Coupe & 2013 SRX~
    Quote Originally Posted by SC2150
    LLT has been available for app a year now, in stock ready to ship.

We just completed the LFX version and here are the results:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It has been 3 long months of the LFX world waiting for the fianl testing to be completed and the CNC tweaks to be finished so the VMax CNC ported throttle body can be released.

We saw 2 months ago with the intial testing that the gains and off idle throttle response were exceeding the LLT version, but the final pattern has taken all this time to be perfected and here are the before and after dyno results.

This is on a bone stock car, with only a cold air intake. No tune, no exhaust, just the swap.

There were 3 runs done prior (not using the runs from 3 months ago as the weather conditions have changed drastically here in FL), and 3 runns after, then the same temps and DA conditions were set as a base and back to before and after runs.

Mike Norris in Indianapolis will be the next shop to test on a different stock LFX car, different elevation, and different dyno. Then out to JDP motorsports in Utah as a 3rd to get as much of a differance in the climate and elevation the country has to offer.

Here is the finished product (this is NOT interchangable with a LLT, only the LFX).

And the dyno graph done at Kesatie Motorsports in Sarasota, FL.

While peak gains are impressive with a solid 9 rwhp, and 5 rwtq, between 1200 & 2400 RPM on the street driveability tests the dead spot is completely eliminated and we saw over 20 rwtq from the hit and that is where this thing shines.

The car it was tested on is an auto trans, and it can smoke the tires at will in the testing where before would only do this if power braking to begin the spin.

We still saw a slight amount of timing pulled due to spark knock over 6k RPM, but a tune should address that, and with any mod that increases airflow & velocity, a tune should show even more.

Stay tuned as the other shops and customers recieving these do their own independant testing, but the product is offically released and available.
    This final test exceeded any of our expectations......cant believe the tq right from the hit.....amazing mod.

To order, PayPal: RXProducts@aol.com $150 plus $15 S&H and a refundable core charge.

I think all pre-order slots are spoken for, but we will ship as soon as we get more cores back and we will purchase more.

We had app $4,000 tied up for the past 4 months with this so it was a hard wait, but well worth it.

(I cant help but to add this, the tq right from the hit was app. 30 ft lbs gain.....the BS callers will surely step in the throw cold water on this, but we were all amazed and had no idea we would see this...and until the others test it independantly, were going to assume it didn't happen.....but man, the change is amazing).

The dyno graph looks great..... But is this NOW really on a 2012 LFX CTS engine???? I'm asking this because you list the car was bone stock except for a cold air intake.... The 2012 LFX engine has the MAF sensor as part of the intake box... As far as I know there is NO aftermarket cold air intake available for a 2012 CTS LFX 3.6 engine. So what would the before after dyno graph hp/trq numbers be on a bone stock 2012 CTS?

If I am wrong here, please tell me where you got the cold air intake for a 2012 3.6 LFX CTS? I believe the results will be much lower without a cold air intake. I like your product and want one just looking for clarification on this being a dyno for a 2012 CTS With a cold air intake. I think the camaro setup is different and can use a cold air intake

Cuest is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '12 CTS Coupe Performance

I too am very interested. 2012 CTS Coupe RWD . I live in South Fl and cam come by your shop if needed. Thanks!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.