3.0 L Exhaust
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Mods Discussion, 3.0 L Exhaust in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Looking for exhaust ideas for my 2011 cts 3.0L sedan , single or dual exhaust...
    clydej11 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

3.0 L Exhaust

Looking for exhaust ideas for my 2011 cts 3.0L sedan , single or dual exhaust

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Panzer Leader is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS 3.6 V6 RWD Performance Sedan

Re: 3.0 L Exhaust

Same thoughts that I am having, wonder if the 3.6 dual exhaust can be modded to fit. The only thing would be to remove the rear diffuser under the rear bumper and attach one from the 3.6.

You can put a 3.0l exhaust on it tho can't ya?

3.0 is a single exhaust. 3.6 is the dual exhaust. The current 3.0 single exhaust is on the left side. Question is how would you get the 3.0 left side bends right, to modded for the right side? In the long run the 3.6 OEM dual exhaust would be the easiest way to go. KBE makes axle backs for the 3.6 but nothing for the 3.0. I guess you could use 3.6 OEM and replace the OEM axle backs with the KBE.

Ya but what about keeping it single is the a muffler out there that would sound good with just the one muffler ?

Possibly but why? If you re going to modify the exhaust I would do the dual exhaust, add the CAI and the plenum spacer. Should see some gain in HP and Torque. That is my plan of my 3.0. Though, I understand that a supercharger and turbo are possibilities as well.

Jazfreek is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Wagon

I have an '11 Sports Wagon and I took it to a custom exhaust shop today and had a chance to look under the car. The 3.0 has an awful dual exhaust under it. The tech said it was very restrictive being that it's only an inch and five quarters in diameter.

I did some research and found that Magnaflow makes an exhaust. The part number is 16831.

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

Quote Originally Posted by Jazfreek View Post
    I have an '11 Sports Wagon and I took it to a custom exhaust shop today and had a chance to look under the car. The 3.0 has an awful dual exhaust under it. The tech said it was very restrictive being that it's only an inch and five quarters in diameter.

I did some research and found that Magnaflow makes an exhaust. The part number is 16831.
    Inch and 5/4? You mean 2-1/4"?

lowlowe is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

I am in the process of installing the MagnaFlow dual on my '12 CTS 3.0 w single exhaust. It is not the easiest, as a bracket needs to be welded in on the right side to hold the back of the muffler up (along with cutting a hole in the rear lower valance for the tip). Also, needed to buy are the rubber "hangers" from the Caddy Dealer (parts need to be shipped in from Lansing, MI) to make sure the two pipes hang at the same level. I have been driving around for 2 days with a brand new CTS (600 miles on it) with one muffler on and one off basically at the cat. It sounds like a fart in a tin can right now, and I am pretty sure people think I am some punk kid who thinks it sounds great. I just need the bracket welded on, but no time until the weekend to weld it up.

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

Too bad you don't live in Jax.

Jazfreek is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Wagon

I just had a Magnaflow exhaust installed on my 2011 Sportswagon AWD. I found it $670 shipped and it sounds pretty nice.

traveler1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 cts

I'm looking to put 3.6 dual exhaust on 2011 cts 3.0, also. what about the warranty , will the change effect that.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.