2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Mods Discussion, 08 cts4 3.6di tpms learning in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; The tpms readout on the dic for all tires reads --. I was told this is because it needs to ...
- 06-28-12 07:51 PM #1Cadillac Owners Member
- Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI 3.6L
- Join Date
- Jun 2012
08 cts4 3.6di tpms learning
The tpms readout on the dic for all tires reads --. I was told this is because it needs to be reset, or programmed. So, i performed this process several times exactly how the manual states. It will not go into learning mode.. 2 horn beeps.
Does anyone know what could be going on?
- 06-28-12 11:16 PM #2
1. Set the parking brake.(many forget to do that)
2. Turn the ignition switch to ON/RUN with the engine off.
3. Press the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitter’s lock and unlock buttons at the same time for approximately ﬁve seconds. The horn sounds twice to signal the receiver is in relearn mode and Tire Learning Active message displays on the DIC screen.
4. Start with the driver side front tire.
5. Remove the valve cap from the valve stem. Activate the TPMS sensor by increasing or decreasing the tire’s air pressure for 10 seconds, or until a horn chirp sounds. The horn chirp, which can take up to 30 seconds to sound, conﬁrms that the TPMS sensor identiﬁcation code has been matched to this tire position.
6. Proceed to the passenger side front tire, and repeat the procedure in Step 5.
7. Proceed to the passenger side rear tire, and repeat the procedure in Step 5.
8. Proceed to the driver side rear tire, and repeat the procedure in Step 5.
9. After hearing the conﬁrming horn chirp, for the driver side rear tire, the horn sounds two more times to signal the tire learning mode is no longer active. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK/OFF.
10. Set all four tires to the recommended air pressure level as indicated on the tire and loading information label.
11. Put the valve caps back on the valve stems.
Not sure who to give credit for this, I saved it a long time a go... I did not create this write up.
- 07-04-12 03:53 PM #3
Thanks Pdabs, but it still will not get past step 3. Will not get into learning mode.
I may have to take to dealer and pay the price.
- 07-04-12 05:21 PM #4
Try a local wheel shop first. They have a tool that will reset the tpms. Before you spend big bucks at the dealership.
- 07-05-12 09:09 AM #5
Good idea, thanks!
- 07-10-12 02:36 PM #6Cadillac Owners Member
- Automobile(s): Cadillac
- Join Date
- Jul 2007
- Metro Detroit
Re: 08 cts4 3.6di tpms learning
Just a quick word of warning: Open your windows before starting. I've locked my keys in the car because the doors locked when I initiated the learn
- 07-10-12 10:32 PM #7
Just found out the fob module was programmed for a different car. This made tpms funtion inactive. Dealer reprogrammed and working good now.
+ Reply to Thread
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts