08 cts4 3.6di tpms learning
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Mods Discussion, 08 cts4 3.6di tpms learning in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; The tpms readout on the dic for all tires reads --. I was told this is because it needs to ...
    sphentz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI 3.6L

08 cts4 3.6di tpms learning

The tpms readout on the dic for all tires reads --. I was told this is because it needs to be reset, or programmed. So, i performed this process several times exactly how the manual states. It will not go into learning mode.. 2 horn beeps.
    Does anyone know what could be going on?
    Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Pdabs is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS4
    1. Set the parking brake.(many forget to do that)

2. Turn the ignition switch to ON/RUN with the engine off.

3. Press the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitter’s lock and unlock buttons at the same time for approximately five seconds. The horn sounds twice to signal the receiver is in relearn mode and Tire Learning Active message displays on the DIC screen.

4. Start with the driver side front tire.

5. Remove the valve cap from the valve stem. Activate the TPMS sensor by increasing or decreasing the tire’s air pressure for 10 seconds, or until a horn chirp sounds. The horn chirp, which can take up to 30 seconds to sound, confirms that the TPMS sensor identification code has been matched to this tire position.

6. Proceed to the passenger side front tire, and repeat the procedure in Step 5.

7. Proceed to the passenger side rear tire, and repeat the procedure in Step 5.

8. Proceed to the driver side rear tire, and repeat the procedure in Step 5.

9. After hearing the confirming horn chirp, for the driver side rear tire, the horn sounds two more times to signal the tire learning mode is no longer active. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK/OFF.

10. Set all four tires to the recommended air pressure level as indicated on the tire and loading information label.

11. Put the valve caps back on the valve stems.

Not sure who to give credit for this, I saved it a long time a go... I did not create this write up.

Thanks Pdabs, but it still will not get past step 3. Will not get into learning mode.
    I may have to take to dealer and pay the price.
    Thanks again!

Pdabs is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS4
    Try a local wheel shop first. They have a tool that will reset the tpms. Before you spend big bucks at the dealership.

Good idea, thanks!

00blueYZF is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: 08 cts4 3.6di tpms learning

Just a quick word of warning: Open your windows before starting. I've locked my keys in the car because the doors locked when I initiated the learn

Just found out the fob module was programmed for a different car. This made tpms funtion inactive. Dealer reprogrammed and working good now.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.