New 3.0 CTS Owner. Many questions
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Mods Discussion, New 3.0 CTS Owner. Many questions in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I just bought a 2011 3.0 CTS with 1k miles on the clock. I have several questions that can hopefully ...
    Panzer Leader is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS 3.6 V6 RWD Performance Sedan

Smile New 3.0 CTS Owner. Many questions

I just bought a 2011 3.0 CTS with 1k miles on the clock. I have several questions that can hopefully be resolved.
    First - Car is equipped with the FE1 suspension. Can I upgrade it to the FE2? If so what parts are needed?

Second - Car did not come with the fog lights. Can factory fog lights be added? I would think that the lights would be the easiest, and I realize the stalk with the lighting controls would need to be replaced. Anything else needed like wiring harness or modules? If the factory fogs cannot be retrofitted, has anyone installed after market fog lights?

Third - Car did not come with factory remote start, can that be added by the dealer?

Fourth - Can the factory dual exhaust from the 3.6 be fitted to the 3.0 liter? Understand that the rear diffser from the 3.6 would be needed but wondering if there are connection points for the axle back muffler/pipe. If it cannot be done what are the alternatives?

Fifth - what mods are available for the 3.0 engine? CAI, plenum spacer, or tune?

Six - Car came with a space saver spare, can a full size rim and tire be fitted in the spare tire trunk well?

Seven- Owners manual says not to tint the windows as it may interfere with the GPS. I can understand if its the metallic type but was told by a window tint shp that either a dye tint or ceramic tint would be OK. Anyone having any problems?

Eight - Could anyone give me a quick assesment of the 3.0, as far as possible mechanical problems regarding the engine, transmission or anything else about the car.

Finally, just as a note, I came out of an 09 G8 3.6. Had Pedders Street II kit, BMR and Spohn parts on the car. Just wondering whats available for the 3.0.

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Pdabs is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS4
    Welcome!
    Search!
    Enjoy!
    Most of the questions you asked have been covered multiple times, some have been beaten over and over. If you don't feel comfortable searching this website. Google it. Links to Cadillacforums will be top of the list.
    Check out the "stickies" as well.
    For example googling "cts factory remote start adding" first link gives you an answer.
    "cts adding fog lights" will also give you an answer.

Re: New 3.0 CTS Owner. Many questions

Remote Start can be added if your car has heated seats. Dealer is ordering parts for my car. Total cost $200.00 Parts and $100.00 Labor.

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

Quote Originally Posted by Panzer Leader View Post
    Remote Start can be added if your car has heated seats.
    Now that makes sense...Huh? I suppose it has to do with hooking into a certain electrical system, but on the surface it does not appear logical.

Logic? yea right. The parts dude at the dealership showed me that it was available. It is listed under CTS Accesories. It must have to do with the wiring harness. GM is illogical. Like if you don't get the fog lights from the factory you can't add them at the dealer. Why not? Totally stupid.

Really? I guess I just don't know enough...is it cheaper to have just one wiring harness with everything there, or is it actually cheaper to have, say, three different ones in inventory that costs more to have and to keep and then risk having the hungover moron who installs it pull the wrong one to install?

leigh1322 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS 3.6 D.I. FE-3 6M Red

Well
    On suspension there is a huge difference in feel.
    Fe-1, Fe-2 and Fe-3.
    2 and 3 are almost the same. 3 adds load leveleing rear shocks and I think a steering rack with different feel or ratio.
    2 has stiffer springs and shocks than 1 as well as taller & wider wider wheels. The shocks and wheels can get pretty pricey. The brakes are also larger on 2 and another size larger on some 3s (J55 HD). I'll bet V sway bars are stiffer yet and could also be added. even V brakes a 4th brake size(Baer).
    If you want to lower it do not get the load leveleing shocks.

If those options are that important to you, it would be much cheaper just to get the right car to start with.

I agree on getting the right car to begin with.

On the other hand, here we are, and mods are fun to do.

Quote Originally Posted by leigh1322 View Post
    Well
    On suspension there is a huge difference in feel.
    Fe-1, Fe-2 and Fe-3.
    2 and 3 are almost the same. 3 adds load leveleing rear shocks and I think a steering rack with different feel or ratio.
    2 has stiffer springs and shocks than 1 as well as taller & wider wider wheels. The shocks and wheels can get pretty pricey. The brakes are also larger on 2 and another size larger on some 3s (J55 HD). I'll bet V sway bars are stiffer yet and could also be added. even V brakes a 4th brake size(Baer).
    If you want to lower it do not get the load leveleing shocks.

If those options are that important to you, it would be much cheaper just to get the right car to start with.
    Like the Rollong Stones said, "You can't always get what you want." Especially if it is a pre-owned car. So, I will berechecking on the shocks and dampers and sway bar diameters between the FE1 and FE2. No desire for the FE3.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.