Impressions on Iceolator and Ported TB on 3.6 DI
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By WRXtranceformed
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Mods Discussion, Impressions on Iceolator and Ported TB on 3.6 DI in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; So I finally had the opportunity to have the RX catch can, ported TB and IM spacer installed yesterday. I ...
    WRXtranceformed is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Impressions on Iceolator and Ported TB on 3.6 DI

So I finally had the opportunity to have the RX catch can, ported TB and IM spacer installed yesterday. I am going to reserve judgement because I can feel the ECU is still readjusting but I have a lot of positive things to say.

The biggest complaints I have had are the driveability of this car around town between 1500-2500RPM and how it runs out of breath pretty quickly toward redline. Both of these mods basically fixed that...the throttle body gives the car a lot more pep off the line and it seems to rev a little more freely. The spacer gives a noticeable power increase from 2500-4k where it was lacking before and then it pulls much stronger to redline. From a highway punch you can really feel the difference, even after a 1.5 hour drive this morning and another this afternoon.

I think 25wtq gains is a little aggressive...I know what 25wtq gains feel like and this is not it. But I do feel that the stock programming is really holding the car back, so a canned tune might be in order in the near future. The car now seems to hold and find gears a little better as there is more usable power so that is a benefit. For a few hundred bucks, I think these mods are definitely worth it.

I will also say that there wasn't a ton of oil in my intake manifold after 41,000 miles, but I had it cleaned out anyway and it feels good not to have to worry about it anymore I just wish there were more mods to give this engine a little more power without going all out with a supercharger build...I am not crazy about boosting my daily driver.
    paulmillner likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Pdabs is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS4
    By the name I'll assume you owned a wrx. Does the cars power even compare to the turbo? Does the cts feel like a slug?

I owned a 2.5rs and still visit nasioc for the OT

Re: Impressions on Iceolator and Ported TB on 3.6 DI

Quote Originally Posted by Pdabs View Post
    By the name I'll assume you owned a wrx. Does the cars power even compare to the turbo? Does the cts feel like a slug?

I owned a 2.5rs and still visit nasioc for the OT
    Nice. Yeah I had a 284whp WRX and one of the first 2.8L swapped STis in North America (ran out of fuel system @ 565whp). Most of my cars since then have felt like slugs :P

krazienluv10 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thats good to hear! Im still waiting patiently for my ported IM to arrive, the wait is horrible ...Im just itching to add some extra power so i can install both spacers and ported IM together. Any chance did u find any bolt on shorty headers? Wondering if a ported TB is really worth it for stated 5hp gain....

I haven't looked for any exhaust other than the full Magnaflow...but from what I am reading here it doesn't really seem to produce much gains. Which isn't really surprising. Doesn't really seem worth it for $900+...you might as well just get the mufflers. Nitrous or a supercharger seems to be the best way to get a lot more power out of these engines, I might at some point just settle for a tune to smooth out the craptastic stock map.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.