*Exhaust Options for 2012 AWD Coupe?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DevilleDeeman
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Mods Discussion, *Exhaust Options for 2012 AWD Coupe? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I have been looking for exhaust options for my 2012 AWD Coupe.. I noticed magnaflow and alot of other manufacturers ...
    austin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ~2011 CTS-V Coupe & 2013 SRX~

*Exhaust Options for 2012 AWD Coupe?

I have been looking for exhaust options for my 2012 AWD Coupe.. I noticed magnaflow and alot of other manufacturers say "excluding AWD".. Has anyone here upgraded the exhaust on their 2012 AWD Coupe? If so, what were the results (power gains) and exhaust products used.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ESchmi is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

Re: *Exhaust Options for 2012 AWD Coupe?

I'm looking to do the same thing... 2012 AWD Coupe. Have you found any good solutions?

Sad to say still no luck for my 3.6 AWD Coupe. I have contacted Corsa, Magnaflow, and Billy Boat.. Same response... Maybe in the future.. Everyone seems to be focusing on the all mighty "V". I just don't see why a 3.6 AWD version is so difficult to make.

Rdecrane5 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Cadillac CTS Coupe RWD
    Why don't you go to a custom exhaust shop? Buy a muffler you like and have them make you a kit. It's a lot cheaper then you would think.

Quote Originally Posted by Rdecrane5
    Why don't you go to a custom exhaust shop? Buy a muffler you like and have them make you a kit. It's a lot cheaper then you would think.
    True, but it would be an un-tested system... I learned my lesson the hard way years ago... Never install a performance product unless there is Dyno proof showing a reasonable gain for the $$$$$ spent.. And If a company can't post a dyno sheet for their product then there most likely hiding something... Either no gain or very little gain. If Magnaflow, Billy Boat, or Corsa ever should decide to come out with a performance system for the AWD 3.6 Coupe/Sedan there will most likely be a Dyno sheet along with the in house test results.

bronik90 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe - 3.6l DI AWD

Anyone have any luck finding a kit that fits?

I planned on getting cutouts, and was amazed to find a 2" exhaust under my car.

DWBFightgear is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Luxury+
    Someone had pointed out that the earlier CTS, no matter if it is the 3.6 or 3.0 AWD would fit! It was stock like pre 09 (duals). That is going to be my route. Im going to order a magna flow kit w/ duals for my 11 3.0 AWD and see what happens. Good luck!

btlfedcts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Sedan, 2012 CTS Coupe

I made a call to MagnaFlow's engineering department. The EXCL AWD does not apply to models equipped with close coupled AND under body cats. If you look under your vehicle and see two small 4" diameter cats that are about 6" in length the kit I am running on my RWD Coupe will fit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=MZFygszi1z4

DevilleDeeman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS LuxII, 2008 Saturn Vue XR

Quote Originally Posted by austin View Post
    Sad to say still no luck for my 3.6 AWD Coupe. I have contacted Corsa, Magnaflow, and Billy Boat.. Same response... Maybe in the future.. Everyone seems to be focusing on the all mighty "V". I just don't see why a 3.6 AWD version is so difficult to make.
    Why don't you just replace axle back exhaust, CTS already has decent 2" SS dual exhaust if its a bigger growl you want replace the mufllers. CarID has components.
    http://www.carid.com/2011-cadillac-c...s-1520221.html

Cashr22 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 cadillac cts coupe and a 2004 retro bird
    Has anyone tried the Borla cat back exhaust on the coupe?

krenzema is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '05 STS N* V8
    Quote Originally Posted by Cashr22
    Has anyone tried the Borla cat back exhaust on the coupe?
    Yes, I have the borla axial back exhaust on my 2011 coupe rwd and love the sound. No drone and it's still pleasant at highway speeds. YouTube has 2-3 video clips of the same setup.

DevilleDeeman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS LuxII, 2008 Saturn Vue XR

Quote Originally Posted by krenzema View Post
    Yes, I have the borla axial back exhaust on my 2011 coupe rwd and love the sound. No drone and it's still pleasant at highway speeds. YouTube has 2-3 video clips of the same setup.
    You have a RWD, this thread is for AWD CTS which has a different exhaust setup at the rear.
    Jay & Dani's CTS4 likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.